• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Want to know others experiences with this phone

So me and a friend got these when they were new a couple years ago, and had issues from the start. With her phone, the hardware started coming apart really soon. And by that, i mean, the keyboard started coming away from the phone, the screws started falling out, things like that. With mine, it was the software. The operating system started crashing, apps would force close, the screen would randomly lock itself or change orientation. We had these phone for two years, replaced them a couple times before giving up, because they kept having the same or similar issues, and eventually switched to different phones.

Fast forward a few years and for some reason, she decided to get one of these again when she needed a new phone, and of course, the same issues and new ones. Now it will not connect to any network except my home wifi.

So my questions, has anyone else had this much trouble with what seems to me to be a pos phone? And is it possible rooting and installing a non stock Rom would help?

Nope. Not me. I had a few problems with apps crashing and the play store not working, but a factory reset fixed that. This is a great phone, only problems is that it has a locked boot loader. :l And with apps crashing, rooting might help. But all we have is the stock rom. Kyrocera won't unlock the bootloader. It is sad. This phone could've had lots of custom roms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones