• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Warm rls5 4g issues?

Hemlock

Jun 23, 2010
So I finally have this rom at least running on my phone without major issues, but I can't get any 4g connections. Plus it is really draining my battery. I flashed the radios (the combo pack) before the rom and my 3g works fine. Please tell me there is some way to make this work on my Evo I really like the rom.

it is in the rooting for dummies http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies-extras.html
but here it is:

SECTION 5: WiMax RSA Keys (4G Signal)

WiMax RSA Keys (4G)
There is always a possibility that when you change an internal setting, or FLASH a new ROM, your WiMax RSA Keys may be lost. If this happens, they can never be regained. This means, you LOSE the ability to grab the 4G signal. This is bad. Especially for the ones using a 4G device like the EVO. You pay $10 extra a month for this service, why the heck would you want to lose it? Well, it's possible. And here is the solution so you don't lose your WiMax ever again.

Refer to Section 3: NAND BACKUP

What? Thats it? Yes, that is it. Thanks to the great work from ClockworkMod (3.0) and Amon_RA (1.8), the WiMax.img can now be successfully backed up with your current ROM Backup. If there was ever the possibility that you lost the ability to use 4G on your device, simply FLASH a backup that has the WiMax.img file in it. Which is usually your most current backup.

HOW TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE THE WiMax RSA KEYS

(NOTE: Terminal Emulator isn't a 100% accurate application when it comes to some features. So you may run into a few Errors from time-to-time. If you do, try running the Commands more than once to see if the outcome changes.)

STEP 1: Download and Run "TERMINAL EMULATOR"

STEP 2: Type su (lowercase). This will let you know if you have ROOT and grant T.E. Super User Access.
If # shows up. Your ROOTed.
If $ shows up. You are NOT ROOTed.

STEP 3: Type grep RSA /dev/mtd/mtd0. This will flow this on the Screen.

(NOTE: RSA must be capitalized and should have a space BEFORE and AFTER. mtd0: is a Zero. not an O)

RSA-REQUEST
RSA-REPLY
RSA-REJECT
RSA-ACK
RSA-1024
RSA-REQUEST
RSA-REPLY
RSA-REJECT
RSA-ACK
RSA-1024
RSA
ReRSA
RSA requests
RSA replies
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

This most important part of all the code, is the part highlighted in BLUE. If Terminal Emulator brings back that, when you type in STEP 3, then your WiMax RSA Keys are intact, and you still have the ability to grab a 4G signal.

If Terminal Emulator doesn't show this, and you do not have a BACKUP of a ROM with a WiMax.img file. Then you are very much out of luck unfortunately. Each 4G capable device has a unique WiMax setup, specific to only itself and the device. At the moment, there is no way to regain your WiMax RSA Keys if you lose it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones