• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

weird battery drop issue!!!

recently i have been getting some really weird battery drop from my gsm gnex for att....i usually get pretty good battery life about 12-13 hours with 3 hours of screen on time..

however theres been a couple times (including today) that ive noticed the battery just wasn't lasting as long as usuall and was dropping a little bit faster than usual so i decided to shut down and pull the battery. once it booted back up again i noticed the battery went from 35%-14% and this has happened to me about 3 times already for only owning the phone a little more than a month..this also happened to me when i had my galaxy s2 for att...has anyone heard of these issues before or experienced anything like this? is my phone messed up?

Getting battery drops on a reboot is not unusual at all. Sometimes you'll even see the charge go up on a reboot. Just remember, these battery 'meters' are really just calculating an approximate amount of energy used compared to approximately how much a 'full charge' amounts to. In other words, its a guess. For whatever reason, reboots tend to throw the calculations off.

As for the increased battery use you saw before the reboot, there are about a million possible explanations. If you really want to find out you can look at the battery graphs and install an app like betterbatterystats to track what is using the processor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones