• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird problem with power button

dockramer

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
This just started a yesterday. When my screen is unlocked, pushing the power button once does not lock the phone. A long push brings up the Phone Options menu. If the screen is locked, a short push brings up the unlock screen so I know the short push is working.

Bottom line, I can't get the screen to lock by short push of the power button.

Anyone else have this issue?

Ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, just joined the forums here. Saw this thread and had to speak up...I was having this exact same problem and made a thread over at android central about it. I thought it might be tasker also, as I had a task to keep the screen awake while the keyboard was open. I deleted this task and the problem still persisted. I noticed this did start happening around the same time as I first tried the one click root. I got root fine but I noticed this weird issue a bit after. I can't say if it was that though as I had been messing around with the phone all night when I noticed the power button problem...I ended up wiping and all is good now. I am still rooted as the factory wipe didn't take root away so I am not sure what the problem was. There were a couple of people at AC that had the same problem and a wipe fixed for them. Luckily I had backups in place so it was relatively painless to get everything going again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones