• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Wi-Fi Issue (Will not connect)

First of all, I am running verion 4.1.2 on an LG Spectrum2 that has never been rooted. I posted this in the Spectrum2 forum with no success

So, lately my phone will not connect to Wi-Fi. It isn't in airplane mode and the wi-fi is turned on. When I attempt to connect to ANY network (work, home, public wi-fi in stores), I select my network, push connect and then the network disappears from the list of available networks. The network will then reappear a few minutes later. My 3g/4g also stopped working for a while so I did factory reset. This fixed my data issue, but not my wifi issue...

Please help.

Thanks

Well, tell me if this is happening with all of the wireless networks or its limited to some because I have noted this in my device to when i tried connecting with some of the wireless networks they disappears from the list and after a while that network again shows up but never connects. I think this issue may be because of the low signal or.... try connecting it with some different network.

I guess it could be with select networks, but it has been every network I've tried (probably 7 or 8 different networks).

I have had several conversations with phone/chat support, and while they couldn't diagnose my phone issue, I do have tons of information about the Verizon EDGE program. I guess I'll have to take it in to a store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones