Well, I figured out how to get back to 1.5 from the leak...General

Last Updated:

1. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...I got a refurbished phone, and am now running 1.5.

So, this was my experience:

I went to Verizon on my lunch break, and got assisted by the actual store supervisor, which was pretty cool. He was a blackberry guy, and didn't seem to know much about Android. Really nice though. He basically had me do basic diagnostics, but when i explained that it must be hardware in my phone not working since my facebook contacts where not syncing correctly. I also complained about dialer lag, and that i shouldn't have to reset my phone every month to keep it fast.

Now, it's clear that I was running the 2.1 leak. When he compared my settings to the ones on the store's Eris, he goes, "Are you running any other hack or anything on the phone?"

I pleaded innocent and was like, "No...I just got the OTA from you guys. I don't know why they're different."

He didn't once check the phones "About" section, and seemed to care more about fixing the problem. He had a "tech" look at it, but they couldn't figure anything out.

After 45 minutes or so, he says that if I can show him Facebook syncing on the stores Eris with -my- account, he'd swap the phone as defective for a referb. I did, and he did it, no questions asked.

Now, back on 1.5...I also now have a pretty brand new phone. (No scratches or anything). I will say...in the time i had the phone with me at work till getting home now....1.5 is horrible. Oh. My. God. Thank GOD I flashed the leak when I did...the phone is horrible.

So, project for tonight is Root. Wish me luck :D.

Hope my situation helps anyone that wants to go back to 1.5...might be different where ever you go.

Advertisement
    surgeon0214 likes this.
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Root root root good on you.

3. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

A part of me wanted to believe this was a genuine roll back process.

4. s10onn2o

s10onn2o Member

burn lol

5. W4LLY

Please don't wish any curses on me...last time I made a practical joke on here, people almost killed me :p

6. cdkee

cdkee Active Member

Let me know which ROM you use, I'm interested in doing this tonight.

7. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

I am putting a curse on your phone as we speak, I won't tell you what curse though.

8. s10onn2o

s10onn2o Member

you gotta admit the title kinda catchy eay. ;)

9. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.

10. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

Dude I want to ban you for that thread title lol

11. smacky

smacky Banned

I knew you were messing, Wally.

What was the last thing you did to catch so much flak? I don't remember.

12. W4LLY

April Fools joke that I had just gotten offical 2.1 :p

13. smacky

smacky Banned

Oh yeah, now I remember. Wasn't too long ago either.

Hadn't seen so much hostility by a group of people since I threw a ripe apple at a hornet nest once.

14. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I've still been searching for that blue case you have. Is this the same thing? It's hard to tell when there's not an image of the case on the phone.

OEM VERIZON HTC DROID ERIS BACK COVER HARD CASE BLUE - eBay (item 230451241279 end time May-17-10 15:59:08 PDT)

Thanks!

15. s10onn2o

s10onn2o Member

you know the noobs whent nuts when saw this hell i bet a couple mess there pants.

16. W4LLY

17. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

I just got my replacement today. Going to root when I get untrashed. Thinking of going with vanilla Droidy by gridlock. Gonna use the master application program by eclips3 for install. I wanna do a nandroid backup but I don't understand how.

18. thecoard

thecoard Well-Known Member

I want to root the actual release. I have no clue why I upgrade to every new leak instead of waiting for the root leak, but I'm mad at myself for it.

19. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

It is 10000000x better when you see it in person. I absolutely loved the blue on it, and almost bought it instantly when I saw it. It hardly adds any thickness to your phone. The only reason I didn't buy it was because it doesn't cover everything... it just clips on the sides and covers the back and sides. To me it just looked weird... kinda "incomplete" I guess, because the top and bottom were still black.

Very, very, very awesome blue though :D

20. W4LLY

The blue and black compliment perfactly. It does have a bit of a lip in front to stop it if it face plants, which is nice..and adds 0 bulk to my pocket

21. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Something to protect the camera lens on the back and the screen if I decide to lay it face down on a table. It looks like this will accomplish my goal. I don't use screen protectors, so this appears to keep the screen from touching the surface while face down.

I just ordered it.

22. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

W4LLY, you should try the Aloysius v7 ROM. I just installed it 2 days ago and it's awesome... It seems to have the least bugs. Takes a while to load the first time you do it, buttttt it is so worth it. It's based off the Hero tho. BUT you will have access to your paid apps, Gmail Pics will work, it seems to run pretty smooth (except for the long wait at startup). If you use it, make sure you install APN Backup & Restore, back up your APNs, and then restore them after you install the ROM. (Need it in order to send/receive MMS). At least try it out and see which works best for you.

I've tried Aloysius(Best Sense ROM so far IMO), Sense-Able, Vanilladroid (BEST Sense-less ROM so far IMO).

23. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

I'm going with vanilla Droid. I use helix so no reason for me to have sense. Do u know how to do the nandroid backups. I read the thread at xda, but I don't understand how it works.