well this is annoying.Support

Last Updated:

1. brindall

brindall Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey people,

I am a samsung galaxy s user, and have been for a few months, obviously at first i had it as android 2.1, it was brilliant i had nothing to complain about. The other night i updated to 2.2, i think it was that i cant be sure, but, ever since this my phone has just been constant lag, and to be fair i havent noticed any real change except for that, for instance if i recieve a message, my phones unlock screen becomes a lot of puzzle pieces and i have to drag one puzzle piece to a gap, this has become near impossible to do it smoothly, its ridiculous. closing any apps is a nightmare and typing anything is the worse, have i done something wrong? or am i not the only one this is happening to, because my dad has the same phone he updated it just before me and its working fine. help?
    much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, brindall.

Your questions have been moved to the Galaxy S forum for you.

You can make a selection as to how to unlock your screen: puzzle or glass (glass is much easier, as it involves the entire screen rather than a small portion as with the puzzle piece). Go to menu > settings > sound and display > unlock screen.

Most issues you mention are remedied with a reboot or two. Others with that device will chime in about that. ;)

3. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

Firstly, if you choose a more descriptive thread title, perhaps sum up your problem, more people would offer advice rather than skipping you completely.

Second, after you upgrade to 2.2, you need to perform a factory reset ( Settings

brindall likes this.
  4. brindall

5. brindall

6. brindall

well not so much everything as it dont get rid of music and that its mainly contacts ill be annoyed at losing

7. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

You could backup your contacts as a vcf file to your SD card or simply export them to SIM. These can both be achieved thru the contacts menu on your phone.

Performing a factory reset is highly recommended. Yes you will need to download all your applications again and a few other basic setting tweaks but it's the only way to completely remove all traces of the eclair firmware. I'm no expert but I believe this could cause conflicts with froyo and ultimately invoke annoying lag.

8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

He's right. Technically you should always do a factory reset after an update, but I can see how annoying that can be if your phone is not rooted.