What are the most common problems with the first batch of IncrediblesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This question is directed towards current Incredible owners and frequent readers of this forum...

Other than people complaining that the battery life sucks, are there any other common problems with this phone that you see? I know some people get lemon units...it happens...but are there any commonly known software bugs or problems that I should be aware of if I buy this phone soon?

Advertisement
  2. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member

A few people have seen dust under their screens. A few others have said their screens have a VERY pinkish hue but that may be in the eye of the beholder. One common thing that worries people is that the Incredible shows fewer signal bars than whatever phone they used to use. However, this is something common to all Android 2.1 phones and the Incredible gets the same dB of signal... it just shows less bars for some reason.

I for one don't have any problems with mine. I say go ahead and pull the trigger on this, and if you have a defect with your unit (dust, very pink screen, or anything else out of the ordinary) stop in to a store and have them replace it with a different one.

3. techfreak111

techfreak111 Well-Known Member

where is this pink hue that people are talking about?

4. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member

Web browser in mine. Keeps freezing up after a while.

5. DCoy82

DCoy82 Well-Known Member

I get a pink hue in the GMail app. Other than that I don't see it anywhere else.

6. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

A growing number of people are having camera problems. This doesn't seem to show up right away, but after a few days, the camera will freeze up or just go to black screen. Sometimes hitting home will get you out of it, but sometimes it takes a reboot. There are some suggested fixes that for me seemed to work for a while, but the problem has come back.

I hate to return the phone since I have it set up the way I want it, and it works great otherwise. :mad:

7. White Knight

White Knight New Member

I had the speaker crap out on me today. I always keep it on a low volume setting, but all the sudden today everybody I talked to became garbled and fuzzy, almost as if the speaker was being over-driven. Fairly painless exchange with BB, so all is well now with the new one...so far.

8. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

This is HTC we're talking about. This is the final build of the phone.

9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I think its common "on HTC phones"...I've seen it on the Fuze, Pure, and TP2, on AT&T's network, where the GSM/3G signals do not fluctuate as much, if at all, on other phones.

However as always, if possible, just get one and see if it works for you.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The pink huge is only for the gmail app if anyone has it. a couple sites for some. big deal.

11. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

Sigh. No, it's not.

12. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Honestly.

One of the biggest problems is the trolls that keep coming into this forum.

Its easy to over amplify little problems into seemingly big ones.

There are 3-4 trolls that keep coming in, whom offer no constructive critisism, but just get off on being an isheep.

There are things that we think are real bugs, but those bugs are not enought to keep the majority of us from thinking this is the best phone out there on any carrier, and alot of ex-iphone users agree. Me being one.....

13. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

I see the pink hue your talking about. All it is, is your already read emails. If you look at your unread emails they are "Hued in White". It's designed that way to make easier to see your read and unread emails!

14. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Zero issues here phone works great!

15. Crow

Crow Banned

Most common issue with the first batch of units?

USER ERROR / LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

16. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

There has not been any issues at all with my phone, it has performance that has surpassed all of my expectations truly a wonderful product, with great service.

17. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

No issues with mine at all.

18. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the battery. Battery life for some has been a major issue and after reading through a lot of the forums (and not having the battery meet my expectations) I do not believe it is user error.

I will say I purchased the Seidio 1750mah battery and have definitely seen improved performance from it.

Thus in the end, I have no problems at all with the phone.

19. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

Forums do exaggerate minor problems and you never know the motives of the poster. For me, the only major issue I'm having is low volume at the ear speaker during calls. Still trying to determine whether I should exchange.

20. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

BTW, battery life is good for me though I have kept my phone pretty much in its virginal state while I evaluate it. I wonder if some people got defective batteries or whether they crammed their phone with buggy apps that drain the battery.

21. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

No issue with mine at all.

22. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I've had 6 random reboots that I know of. It seems to happen in a low signal area. Other people have this issue as well. It has only happened when I'm not using the phone so it is a very minor issue to me at this point. Other than that I love this phone!

23. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Why is there always somebody that needs to come into the forum and insult other people? A lot of people that have the incredible are previous smart phone users. Myself included.

When people have nothing better to say they should just stay out of the forums.

I was pissed when people kept telling me that my poor battery life was because i didn

24. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

Why complain about the battery life? It is a 1300mah battery on a 1ghz phone. Do you really honestly expect it to last all day with heavy use? Yes they should have at least included a 1500mah battery but for the size of it and the power of this phone I am amazed it lasts as long as it does the way I use it.

This phone is more powerful then my old laptop from 4 years ago and lasts 3 times as long on the battery life. Stop expecting it to match a BB or even a droid with the stock battery. FYI my droid OCd to only 800mhz lasted about 3/4 as long as my DINC does now stock.

25. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

HTML:
    Yes. I would say this as well.