• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently reading?

Actually, his name is Inigo Montoya. I also use this avatar on the Star Trek Online forums, hence the Starfleet uniform. I also occasionally use Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson in a Starfleet uniform.

I'm on the Pillars of Creation in SOT.

Ah yes, i spelled it wrong.... lol

And pillars is one of my least favorite ones, which means it is only super awesome instead of the usual F*CKING AWESOME!!! LOL
What about book 6 though, the one right before that i believe.... THAT was epic and possibly my favorite one.....

Upvote 0
Just so anyone who was a fan of Patrick Rothfuss: The Name of the Wind, the second book is out today. The wise man's fear.

Loved it! Sure, Rothfuss got a bit 'entranced' with his prose at times, but I never felt bored... well except for the scenes with the Fae woman. But every fan of fantasy should read this trilogy. He's creating something great.

For the thread, I just finished King Rat (Mieville has been on my reading list for years now), and today I'm going to start on a beta read, then start on Perdido Street Station after that.

King Rat was good, but... I feel I've should've taken some Amazon reviews to heart and started with Perdido first. King Rat is possibly the most disgusting book I ever read, but that wasn't the problem. By the end of it, I felt it was all a bit... pointless. It was still a good read though.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Just started Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (I wasn't going to start another series, this makes the 4th I'm currently working on)

What else you working on skorp? Mistborn is a great series. His other stand alone books are awesome reads as well. Plus this is the dude who finished up R Jordans Wheel of Time series......

Upvote 0
What else you working on skorp? Mistborn is a great series. His other stand alone books are awesome reads as well. Plus this is the dude who finished up R Jordans Wheel of Time series......

Finishing. Sorry, rabid WoT fanboy here. :p

Hopefully the last one will be out in two years, maybe one. Sanderson is a fast writer. I read a bit Mistborn, but dropped it for some reason I can't remember. Need to find it and start over. >_<

Upvote 0

Hopefully the last one will be out in two years, maybe one. Sanderson is a fast writer. I read a bit Mistborn, but dropped it for some reason I can't remember. Need to find it and start over. >_<

hmm, thought he finished it already...

and yes, you need to pick mistborn up again. elantris and warbreaker are also great books

Upvote 0
Ah yes, i spelled it wrong.... lol

And pillars is one of my least favorite ones, which means it is only super awesome instead of the usual F*CKING AWESOME!!! LOL
What about book 6 though, the one right before that i believe.... THAT was epic and possibly my favorite one.....

Yeah, Pillars wasn't as good as some of the others. I kept wanting to go back to Richard and Kahlen instead of Jennsen. I'm in the middle of Naked Empire right now.

Upvote 0

Still working on rereading SoT and WoT. Also reading Tad William's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series. I just ordered Goodkind's Law of Nines.

Memory of Light is scheduled for release March 2012 (can't wait) Brandon is busy, Mistborn: The Alloy of Law is in final revisions and he is supposed to release a standalone The Rithmatist next year also. So far loving Mistborn and like how he is handling WoT.

Upvote 0
I will player, author is David Drake. No one has heard of it, or the author??

So far it is pretty good, i'll have a better idea after 1st book is finished though. Will get a better feel for the author's style.....
I've heard of Drake and have meant to read some of his stuff, just never got around to it...yet:D

Upvote 0
I will player, author is David Drake. No one has heard of it, or the author??

I read a couple of his Hammer's Slammers books back in the mid to late '80s. It's military scifi. It's too long ago for me to remember the details but I remember liking them.

Anyhow I just finished Ian McDonald's 'River of Gods' and I am now reading 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones