• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are your refund plans?

No offense, but this is the main reason I will likely never get married. I've heard similar stories from both men and women about how they would save but their spouse won't let them and will just spend anything they try to save. The idea just drives me completely insane. I've also heard numerous stories about both men and women that involve one person trying to hide money from the other one which just seems crazy to me for spouses to do such things, but it seems to be fairly common. Kind of a rant. It's a topic that kind of hits home to me right now with my parents going through financial issues.

wait..huh? ...I don't think that's so common...or it shouldn't be...sounds ridiculous to me. Don't people think these things through?
..... before you marry someone you should know what your future spouse's goals ,life plan and expectations are and if they are compatible?? BEFORE you become partners for life? or do people just think with their pants? or not at all?
just seems odd that the most important decision you will likely ever make in your life...and it's not even discussed..
like most things in life..if you are realistic, informed ,prepared and have common goals and expectations you can create a partnership that has a fighting chance to withstand life's crazy ride! What would anyone expect otherwise?
I don't get it....
and of course there are always exceptions...anywho...just sayin.. it makes me sad to think you feel that way about marriage I guess...
hmmmm
but ...to each their own! carry on!:rolleyes:;):)

I only know that I've seen it many, many times in both my friends marriages and marriages of co-workers and people I've crossed paths with in the on Interwebs. I've seen people say things like, "I try to save/plan but my husband/wife finds the money and spends it." It seems to be a fairly common thread. If I remember correctly the number 1 cause of fights in marriages is disagreements about money. I may be wrong on that though. It's just something that hits home to me at the moment as my parents are having financial difficulties due to my dad misbehaving with money and my mom having no ability at all to stop him from doing so. She wants to pare back on lifestyle stuff, sell the house, etc.... but he's not having anything to do with it. I don't think think this is all that unusual in marriages I've seen. It's entirely possible I have a completely jaded view of the thing. I'll admit as much.

Upvote 0
I only know that I've seen it many, many times in both my friends marriages and marriages of co-workers and people I've crossed paths with in the on Interwebs. I've seen people say things like, "I try to save/plan but my husband/wife finds the money and spends it." It seems to be a fairly common thread. If I remember correctly the number 1 cause of fights in marriages is disagreements about money. I may be wrong on that though. It's just something that hits home to me at the moment as my parents are having financial difficulties due to my dad misbehaving with money and my mom having no ability at all to stop him from doing so. She wants to pare back on lifestyle stuff, sell the house, etc.... but he's not having anything to do with it. I don't think think this is all that unusual in marriages I've seen. It's entirely possible I have a completely jaded view of the thing. I'll admit as much.

I think that maybe you are a good listener or something so people complain about the bad stuff to you...I guess my point is... that if you don't just jump into it and really KNOW who you are going to make a life with...you work together...for a common goal. It just dumbfounds me how people don't even think before they leap into such a huge commitment...If I married every Tom Dick and Harry that asked me...I'd be married to Tom Dick and Harry:D
but for real..you seem like a smart enough guy....don't let the venting distort your views on marriage.next time.. Ask them if they would do it all over again...bet they say yes...:)

Upvote 0
No offense, but this is the main reason I will likely never get married. I've heard similar stories from both men and women about how they would save but their spouse won't let them and will just spend anything they try to save. The idea just drives me completely insane. I've also heard numerous stories about both men and women that involve one person trying to hide money from the other one which just seems crazy to me for spouses to do such things, but it seems to be fairly common.

Not all couples are like that. ;)

Upvote 0
I think that maybe you are a good listener or something so people complain about the bad stuff to you...I guess my point is... that if you don't just jump into it and really KNOW who you are going to make a life with...you work together...for a common goal. It just dumbfounds me how people don't even think before they leap into such a huge commitment...If I married every Tom Dick and Harry that asked me...I'd be married to Tom Dick and Harry:D
but for real..you seem like a smart enough guy....don't let the venting distort your views on marriage.next time.. Ask them if they would do it all over again...bet they say yes...:)

Perhaps you are right. Interesting that you say that as someone at work today randomly complained to me about how he could get rid of all his credit cards and associated debt if he could get his wife to stop spending so much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones