• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What bluetooth headset are you planning on using with your evo?

Well I stayed up searching and I found it for like 60 something at a couple other places. And on Blue Ant's site it's 99. Cnet gave it good reviews and I read a few peoples. So I think I'll go ahead and try it and order it tomorrow. I hope I like it and that it fits well in my ear and works good with the EVO. Guess I'll try it out with my TP2 just to see if I think I'm gonna like it. I don't usually use my Plantronics 520 now to answer the phone and I try to do voice dialing some but I think this will be better on this headset. It will keep me from always grabbing my phone to answer.

Yea it's a little cheaper on amazon, but only 3.5 stars there.

Upvote 0
I want a Jack Bauer type headset that you can't even see inside the ear.

Okay, I know they don't exist yet, so I want the closest thing to it.

They do, searches for bluetooth earwig will get you some results on E-bay, Quality ?????, but they are there.

ok finally found a link... Full Skin Spy Bluetooth Wireless Invisible Earpiece NEW - eBay (item 120551812161 end time Jun-01-10 08:00:16 PDT)

and here is a longer list of similar ones ... wireless earpiece items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs, Electronics items on eBay.com!

Reactions: BlackDynamite
Upvote 0
Reactions: gibsonhtp and Caloy
Upvote 0
I'll still be using my BlueAnt V1 when I'm using Evo primarily as a phone or navigation device. V1 is super small and works well in all but the windiest and noisiest conditions (when I wouldn't want to use a headset).

I may pick up a mid-level wired set with inline mic for multimedia when calls become secondary priority. Won't spend more than $50 because I already have multiple $100+ listen only headphones.

Upvote 0
So you like the V1? I am still wanting the Q1 and found it for about 65 bucks.. It's 99 on Blue Ants site and Radio Shack told me 129 that's crazy.

I'll still be using my BlueAnt V1 when I'm using Evo primarily as a phone or navigation device. V1 is super small and works well in all but the windiest and noisiest conditions (when I wouldn't want to use a headset).

I may pick up a mid-level wired set with inline mic for multimedia when calls become secondary priority. Won't spend more than $50 because I already have multiple $100+ listen only headphones.

Upvote 0
So you like the V1? I am still wanting the Q1 and found it for about 65 bucks.. It's 99 on Blue Ants site and Radio Shack told me 129 that's crazy.

Yes. I really do like the V1. There are a lot of other options, but this thing works and is as small and light as I'd want compared to anything else out there. I got a pair for me and my wife for $130 from an Amazon vendor when it first came out. You can get them from $50-60 easy online through several sites.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jabra BT8010
753298649_b45bb30c6f.jpg

Upvote 0
+1 to that.

Also, im not to knowledgeable with headsets....can any one give a rundown of the quick differences between V1 and Q1??

Q1 is newer and has slightly different software upgrade and is considered their more rugged headset. V1 was replacement for Z9/Z91. V1 is much smaller. Both offer BA's voice control. V1 is older, and can be had for a better price. V1 is small enough to use without earhook if you can get it to stay in your ear canal - my canals are too small so I use the hook, but it's never a problem even with sunglasses.

Best way to get all the minor details in on Blue Ant's website.

Reactions: evotitans
Upvote 0
Q1 is newer and has slightly different software upgrade and is considered their more rugged headset. V1 was replacement for Z9/Z91. V1 is much smaller. Both offer BA's voice control. V1 is older, and can be had for a better price. V1 is small enough to use without earhook if you can get it to stay in your ear canal - my canals are too small so I use the hook, but it's never a problem even with sunglasses.

Best way to get all the minor details in on Blue Ant's website.

Quick questions:

1: Does the Blue Ant app for Android work with the V1? (Sorry, Im new to Android too)

2: What I care most about, will I hear Navi through the V1? That is kinda what will be my purchase choice....I usually drive with my sunroof open, so I can never hear the speaker on Sprint Navigation unless my radio is completely turned down. I would love to be able to hear the directions directly in my ear.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
They do, searches for bluetooth earwig will get you some results on E-bay, Quality ?????, but they are there.

ok finally found a link...
Full Skin Spy Bluetooth Wireless Invisible Earpiece NEW - eBay (item 120551812161 end time Jun-01-10 08:00:16 PDT)

and here is a longer list of similar ones ...
wireless earpiece items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs, Electronics items on eBay.com!

That's close, but not quite it. The earpiece is it, but I want it to work without the huge necklace. I just want the earpiece, like Jack Bauer or some spy form the movies or something, lol.

Upvote 0
That's close, but not quite it. The earpiece is it, but I want it to work without the huge necklace. I just want the earpiece, like Jack Bauer or some spy form the movies or something, lol.

See that is the part they never show you, you have to have the induction antenna neckstap piece, otherwise the reception to the actual earpiece would be crud.

As far as low profile, but still visible there is the Jabra stone, still kind of expensive but nice design.

Upvote 0
I am wondering what bluetooth headset everyone is going to be using with their new Evo's? I am thinking about getting this one:BlueAnt Q1 Voice Controlled Headset - BlueAnt Wireless I like the android app that you can use with it too. I have never owned blueant but have always heard good things about them.

Tell me what you think of this headset and tell me what you will be using?

I've used the Blue Ant V1 with my Pre for a year. Works well in the car but not in the wind.

I also really like the Jabra SP700 Speakerphone. Clips to the visor of your car and in my car the FM transmitter is perfect, giving me great Bluetooth experience and the ability to stream music from the internet to my radio while driving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones