• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Do Idiots Call Your Evo?

Maybe if Sprint were a little better about its tv marketing, we wouldn't have to field these dumb comments...

It's not like Sprint is out there tearing it up with any sort of effective advertising whatsoever.

Not sure what shows you folks are watching, but I see commercials all the time for the EVO on TNT and FX watching shows like Leverage and Rescue Me. I also see ads all over the Interwebz.

Reactions: FoxyCurls
Upvote 0
Not sure what shows you folks are watching, but I see commercials all the time for the EVO on TNT and FX watching shows like Leverage and Rescue Me. I also see ads all over the Interwebz.
It wasn't said that they didn't have adverts at all, but that the ones they are running are very ineffective. The Sprint ads look just like every other lame sprint commercial.

I want to see a commercial where the Evo user is letting his iphone buddies wireless teather because they have no coverage.

As far as ads on the interwebs, IDK since I have Firefox set up to never show any ads ever.

Upvote 0
The fact that they ask means everything.

The fact that they can't place it means nothing.

It's not like Sprint is out there tearing it up with any sort of effective advertising whatsoever.

How are they supposed to know if you don't tell them? They're not idiots - they're curious, they're uninformed and they're using iconic language that so far to them translates to "better" or "quality product."

How 'bout humbly thanking them for asking, say, yeah, kinda like that, then show a nice app, then name drop?

That - or you can just continue to huff that they're idiots.

You do what you think is best.

HAHA, absolutley true, but it takes all the fun out of this thread. Way to deflate the party balloon:D J/K of course!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones