• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the default recovery password for UNBLOCKING phone!!?

auny87

Lurker
Jan 20, 2012
Hey Guys.
A friend of mine tried to unlock my phone and made multiple failed attempts and choose some option which now have resulted in the phone being BLOCKED. it is not showing the "normally available option" of logging in via the gmail account. It is asking for a recovery password. I have no idea what that password is as i never set such a password. I have tried all my accounts on the phone. i tried 0000 and 00000000 aswell for the default passwords but of no avail. The screen shows "Recovery password required to unblock phone".
When i give a wrong password it says "Incorrect recovery password.All data will be wiped in line with security policy". As i dont want to do this i turn off my phone and upon restarting it this happens again. I tried removing the battery for sometime.Keeping the phone turned off etc but nothing positive.

Any suggestions on a workaround or what might the password be?

A friend of mine tried to unlock my phone and made multiple failed attempts and choose some option which now have resulted in the phone being BLOCKED.

If this is the SIM card lock then you need to contact your network provider, as only they can provide the PUK code required; it's unique to your handset/SIM.

If it is the lockscreen PIN that's been failed, then (iirc) you should be asked for your Google account credentials as verification. This is only available if there's an active data connection so if the handset was in Flight Mode when it was locked then it won't show up.

The only other thing I can think it's looking for is a Samsung account, if you have set up one of those in order to access Samsung Apps.

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
guy i wasnt talking about the networks unlocks...he was just trying to unlock the screen throught the pattern locks...mutiple attempts failed and now it is asking for a recovery password. its just that password.its not asking for any email account information or anything. i have tried putting in all my passwords

Upvote 0
if worse comes to worse, you could do a factory reset in the recover mode.

power off

power on and keep pressing the power button, home button and hold the volume key up.

from the menu you can choose to do a factory reset, obviously, if you do this you will loose all your customisations and anything stored on the phones internal memory.

Upvote 0
Hi Dude-

I have the same problem in my samsung S2 "recovery password required to unblock phone". My kid was fiddling with the phone & after that this is what I get. I don't remember setting any recovery password only the screen lock PIN was set on my phone. I have tried all my password combination but nothing seems to work. Any help here will be truely appreciated

Thanks
Sikk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones