Advertisement
  2. 1shooky

1shooky New Member

Swype for me :)
  3. paulrybicki83

paulrybicki83 Active Member

4. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

Swype here as well. I'd delete the stock keyboard if I could.
  5. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

Stock
    gonzo8402 likes this.
  6. methoderik

methoderik Well-Known Member

Search is over. Swype.

I can't think of a better keyboard. You won't use landscape very much.
  7. lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

I use the xda one. Wish I could find one I like with a send button on the landscape keyboard. I don't like having to hit back to send or menu to send.
  8. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Swype, it's awesome
  9. stock with all the predictive stuff turned off.
  10. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

Y do u guys like swype? I couldn't get used to drawing lines to type...I tried a previous ver....does the new swype have speech to text button like stock?

I tried "better keyboard" but that's horrible also ....crazy lag

Sent from Evolcious
  11. droid_freak

droid_freak Well-Known Member

Smart Keyboard Pro and swype, just depends on what I am doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Swype. It took me a few days to get used to it, but I am faster now than I ever was before on a peck keyboard. It isn't perfect, like someone said, there is no voice to text button, but I never used the feature all that much.
  13. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

I'm torn between Swype and the Droid X keyboard. The Droid keyboard is really good for traditional typing, but I hate that it doesn't auto-capitalize or have a full-word delete when you hold down the delete button (as far as I can tell). Swype is great also, but I find myself going back to the Droid keyboard. I guess the good thing is that we have a choice :)
    hawt likes this.
  14. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Droid X
  15. karong

karong Well-Known Member

Stock or Droid X. I tried Swype but i just couldnt get used to it. I used it almost exclusively for a week but just wasnt for me. I type very fast on the Droid X
  16. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

First tried Swype, couldn't get used to it. Bought Better Keyboard & liked it but didn't LOVE it. Swype went "open" beta, so I tried it again, and now I love it.
  17. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I like it 'cause it's just so much faster than pecking at the keys. It doesn't seem like it mid-swype, but when i'm done entering text it surely didn't take as long (i'm not a slow txter on regular keyboards either). I do have to peck the keys in swype sometimes when i make a mistake, but that's with any keyboard. It took me a week or so to get used to it, and i'm still not that great one-handed but that's more of a screen-size issue than a keyboard issue.

Plus, others have a good time trying it out on my phone too, kinda party trick thing :)
  18. supaumar

supaumar Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  19. OhioGuy89

OhioGuy89 Well-Known Member

How do you get swype? I didn't see it on the market.
  20. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Been using swype for about a month, although I've recently switched to the DroidX keyboard which is fantastic (multi-touch, speech to text)
  21. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

1XperiaGirl likes this.
  22. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member

I mostly use swype. I just wish they add a button for voice to text. When i'm in the car I usually switch keyboards to stock so if i need to do anything i can do it safer by using voice to text.
  23. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I tried Swype and used it for a few weeks but eventually I found my way back to the stock keyboard.
  24. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

evo32 likes this.
  25. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I had to search googles for it, i don't think mine's a beta version but for all i know it could stop in a week or two.

I tried the Droid X keyboard a few times and made more mistakes with it vs swype. I'm also not a big speech-to-text person, so not having that ability in swype doesn't bother me.