• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what keyboards are u guys using?

I'm torn between Swype and the Droid X keyboard. The Droid keyboard is really good for traditional typing, but I hate that it doesn't auto-capitalize or have a full-word delete when you hold down the delete button (as far as I can tell). Swype is great also, but I find myself going back to the Droid keyboard. I guess the good thing is that we have a choice :)

Reactions: hawt
Upvote 0
Y do u guys like swype? I couldn't get used to drawing lines to type...I tried a previous ver....does the new swype have speech to text button like stock?
Sent from Evolcious

I like it 'cause it's just so much faster than pecking at the keys. It doesn't seem like it mid-swype, but when i'm done entering text it surely didn't take as long (i'm not a slow txter on regular keyboards either). I do have to peck the keys in swype sometimes when i make a mistake, but that's with any keyboard. It took me a week or so to get used to it, and i'm still not that great one-handed but that's more of a screen-size issue than a keyboard issue.

Plus, others have a good time trying it out on my phone too, kinda party trick thing :)

Upvote 0
How do you get swype? I didn't see it on the market.

I had to search googles for it, i don't think mine's a beta version but for all i know it could stop in a week or two.

I tried the Droid X keyboard a few times and made more mistakes with it vs swype. I'm also not a big speech-to-text person, so not having that ability in swype doesn't bother me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones