• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what phone did you have before buying the Desire?

what phone did you have before buying the Desire?

• Another Android phone - please specify below

Votes: 41 10.1%
  • An iPhone - please specify below

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • A blackberry - please specify below

Votes: 26 6.4%
  • A windows moblie phone - please specify below

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • A symbian smart phone - please specify below

Votes: 139 34.2%
  • Other - please specify below

Votes: 101 24.9%

• Total voters
Nokia 6300 which I'm now using again!! Sent the Desire back after 12 days as, although it's a fantastic bit of kit, I came to the conclusion that I just don't need or want a smartphone. Even if I did I just couldn't have lived with that appalling battery life anyway.

Nokia 6700 Classic in the post on the way to me, which I'm sure I'll be happy with as I only need a phone for calls and texts, perhaps send the odd email and look up the football results. And it'll keep charge for 3 or 4 days!!!

Upvote 0
Nokia 6300 which I'm now using again!! Sent the Desire back after 12 days as, although it's a fantastic bit of kit, I came to the conclusion that I just don't need or want a smartphone. Even if I did I just couldn't have lived with that appalling battery life anyway.

Nokia 6700 Classic in the post on the way to me, which I'm sure I'll be happy with as I only need a phone for calls and texts, perhaps send the odd email and look up the football results. And it'll keep charge for 3 or 4 days!!!

Unfortunately, battery life is one thing you do have to sacrifice if you have a smart phone. They're all pretty bad, especially when running a huge touch screen.

After having my blackberry for 15 months, there was no going back to a normal phone.

Shame to see you go. enjoy your 1 week+ battery life though ;)

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, battery life is one thing you do have to sacrifice if you have a smart phone. They're all pretty bad, especially when running a huge touch screen.

After having my blackberry for 15 months, there was no going back to a normal phone.

Shame to see you go. enjoy your 1 week+ battery life though ;)

Cheers! As I say, it was more that I decided that I didn't need a smartphone rather than the battery life, although that would have driven me to distraction I'm sure!

I've got web access all day at work if I need it and my laptop is always on at home so a smartphone became a bit redundant really. If I'm out in the evening or at the weekend I only want a phone for calls or texts. One or two nice apps I'll miss and I certainly miss that fantastic screen I have to say.

Horses for courses and all that and I'd always have a Desire over an iphone!! I must be already missing my Desire a bit I guess or why would I still be browsing this forum?! Have you seen the Ovi apps store? Ouch!!

Anyway fellas - enjoy your phones and rest assured you all own a fantastic little piece of technology :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones