• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What to do if you don't develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiPowers

Android Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2012
Agreed
This should be stickied for future use.

This is pretty much a GUIDE ON HOW NOT TO UPSET DEVS or make anyone mad.

Suggestions or additionals post below

1 Don't beg=Please don't write on thread asking for development or updates most Devs have lives just like you

+1, Devs will post updates or report progress when they have something to post or report. And yes most Devs have lives outside of Android, wives, kids, grandkids, a J O B, chores around the house (I just finished mowing my yard etc myself), and other interest, hobbies etc.

This Device doesnt have it all that bad if you think about it. It has to up and coming aspiring devs (Junkie200 & SuperR) along with myself, input from hroark, downthemachine, dm, and others. It could be like the Esteem and only me working on it, CM wise anyhow. ;)

2 Don't get in denial= If you're wrong about something you're wrong apologize and move on no need to be rude or hostile

3 Think and read before you type=Most nubes don't read and post and they get destroyed with negative comments and it's only half there fault they didn't know but of you know better inform them and move on

4 Listen to elderly=Before you get upset listen to what others have to say and try to understand them elders don't know it all and either do nubes we could all use growth stay in your lane young one lol

5 Above all have fun=The forms should be all information and interaction you can ask whatever you want just do it the right way no one will rip your head off don't be shy

Side notes
Some people think devs owe them something, and lack enough common sense to refrain from making that clear to everyone else. The bottom line is, these guys spend an awful lot of time working on this stuff, and if you were to compare the ratio of gratitude and/or donations to hours spent, you would find that they get little return on their time investment overall.

Honestly, if you don't like someone's work, then don't use it. If you can't wait for something to be finished, then either make it yourself or do a gut check and buy yourself a phone that has more developer support. Even better, do some research BEFORE buying a phone if having customization options is that important to you. All you gain by making a spectacle of yourself by flaming someone's work is enemies and a bad reputation.

yep, this is a pretty good list of things that will annoy the hell out of developers after a while, or even drive them away in extreme cases. my biggest pet peeve is when people either dont read, or blatantly disregard what other people have already said on a thread and post something that wont help the situation. hence rule number 3, think and read before posting.

and also people that go around telling everyone that the solution to all their problems is to do a factory reset... thats zte customer services job. not to say that in alot of cases it wont solve the problem, but sometimes theres a better way, and sometimes it couldnt possibly help, for example, known bugs, if everyones phone is like that from the factory i dont think a factory reset is gonna help. not saying dont suggest it, not saying its not a good idea in quite a few cases, just saying stop treating it like some kind of miracle cure for all your ailments

oh yea, and if its a suggestion, make sure you make that clear. if youve done it before in the exact same situation by all means, instruct, but if youre basically just guessing, suggest, that way youre letting people know it may not work and it may even pose a risk so unless theyre feeling ballsy they may not want to just jump right in without getting a second opinion

and thank you for this thread, if people actually read it... we should all be able to get along just fine

+1, Devs will post updates or report progress when they have something to post or report. And yes most Devs have lives outside of Android, wives, kids, grandkids, a J O B, chores around the house (I just finished mowing my yard etc myself), and other interest, hobbies etc.

This Device doesnt have it all that bad if you think about it. It has two up and coming aspiring devs (Junkie200 & SuperR) along with myself, input from hroark, downthemachine, dm, and others. It could be like the Esteem and only me working on it, CM wise anyhow. ;)

Upvote 0
Some people think devs owe them something, and lack enough common sense to refrain from making that clear to everyone else. The bottom line is, these guys spend an awful lot of time working on this stuff, and if you were to compare the ratio of gratitude and/or donations to hours spent, you would find that they get little return on their time investment overall.

Honestly, if you don't like someone's work, then don't use it. If you can't wait for something to be finished, then either make it yourself or do a gut check and buy yourself a phone that has more developer support. Even better, do some research BEFORE buying a phone if having customization options is that important to you. All you gain by making a spectacle of yourself by flaming someone's work is enemies and a bad reputation.

Upvote 0
yep, this is a pretty good list of things that will annoy the hell out of developers after a while, or even drive them away in extreme cases. my biggest pet peeve is when people either dont read, or blatantly disregard what other people have already said on a thread and post something that wont help the situation. hence rule number 3, think and read before posting.

and also people that go around telling everyone that the solution to all their problems is to do a factory reset... thats zte customer services job. not to say that in alot of cases it wont solve the problem, but sometimes theres a better way, and sometimes it couldnt possibly help, for example, known bugs, if everyones phone is like that from the factory i dont think a factory reset is gonna help. not saying dont suggest it, not saying its not a good idea in quite a few cases, just saying stop treating it like some kind of miracle cure for all your ailments

oh yea, and if its a suggestion, make sure you make that clear. if youve done it before in the exact same situation by all means, instruct, but if youre basically just guessing, suggest, that way youre letting people know it may not work and it may even pose a risk so unless theyre feeling ballsy they may not want to just jump right in without getting a second opinion

and thank you for this thread, if people actually read it... we should all be able to get along just fine

Upvote 0
This should be stickied? Wow ok why don't we edit the all things root post instead or do something productive....we wouldn't need this thread if ur parents raised u right its common courtesy...I'm here to learn root not manners thanks though

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk 2

Of course ur the meanest person ever for writing that :D....I hope all the developers can get through all the pain and suffering all the people (they don't even know) caused them WTF LOL

(Quote deleted)

Well unfortunately, many either were not raised right or just flat out disregarded anything their parents tried to teach em. Especially on the internet, people think they have free rein to say wtfe they feel like because because they can hide behind their moitor and not get the shyt knocked out of them. And I about guarantee you 99% of the people who are rude, disrespectful, ungrateful etc etc, wouldnt dare say a cross word to anyone in person.

Its basically like my momma taught me, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say nothing at all then.

;)

Upvote 0
This should be stickied? Wow ok why don't we edit the all things root post instead or do something productive....we wouldn't need this thread if ur parents raised u right its common courtesy...I'm here to learn root not manners thanks though

Yep but we can't learn for everyone I'm just hoping some people will take the time and learn from this

(Quote deleted)

I didn't make this because of you that's the guilty conscience getting to you I made this because I'm tired of seeing blunt disrespect and disregard for other people hard work in general I'm not pointing fingers

like i said i did not said nothing wrong my friend if u want to take it that way go head play you help a lot with the esteem back then never have any issue ovethere what happens is that some people here like to make fun of other people and im not going to stay quiet
Aye it's your opinion just don't get upset when others don't feel the same

Well unfortunately, many either were not raised right or just flat out disregarded anything their parents tried to teach em. Especially on the internet, people think they have free rein to say wtfe they feel like because because they can hide behind their moitor and not get the shyt knocked out of them. And I about guarantee you 99% of the people who are rude, disrespectful, ungrateful etc etc, wouldnt dare say a cross word to anyone in person.

Its basically like my momma taught me, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say nothing at all then.

;)
Couldn't said it better myself

anyway im out moving on galaxy s3 thanks for your help guys

Great but you should wait because boost is getting the new LG Optimius L7

Upvote 0
Yep but we can't learn for everyone I'm just hoping some people will take the time and learn from this

I didn't make this because of you that's the guilty conscience getting to you I made this because I'm tired of seeing blunt disrespect and disregard for other people hard work in general I'm not pointing fingers

Hey don't get me wrong I'm sick of seeing the begging too...but it's the internet what do u expect world is filled with impatient pricks lol

Upvote 0
Great but you should wait because boost is getting the new LG Optimius L7

Umm. LG = BAD IDEA! Or didn't ANYONE learn from the LG Venice forum? Lmao. ZTE put out the Force 4G. Dual core. They've already got root & touch recovery for it (not as Sweet as Junkie's/Doomlord's tho)... A little more time/decent devs later and it'll be smokin! :smokingsomb: I won't touch an LG. Locked bootloader = no custom recovery = no ROMs from what I've read.

Upvote 0
im sorry if i made anyone mad thats not why im here im here to get help i probably help 2 whoever got upset im sorry i just go the s3 today that i order from tmobile but im returning s3 the 26 of april so i can get the s4 still have the sequent i want to see it with jelly bean again im sorry guys love u all ya been awesome sometimes just kidding

Reactions: HiiiPowers
Upvote 0
Umm. LG = BAD IDEA! Or didn't ANYONE learn from the LG Venice forum? Lmao. ZTE put out the Force 4G. Dual core. They've already got root & touch recovery for it (not as Sweet as Junkie's/Doomlord's tho)... A little more time/decent devs later and it'll be smokin! :smokingsomb: I won't touch an LG. Locked bootloader = no custom recovery = no ROMs from what I've read.

Lol oh yeah I forgot about that nightmare of a lg phone I just suggested it because I like the screen size and specs but I didn't take into account how lg phones are in prison

Upvote 0
no point of getting the LG Optimus L7 only 512 MB RAM so no jelly bean ram needs to 768 or more to get jelly bean i stick s3 for now and the sequent that soon will get jelly bean let me tell u s3 is awesome out of this world nothing compare to te sequent cant wait for the s4 already pre ordered same price dont need to pay anything

Your right I was mistaking the l7 for the l9

u got a point before the sequent i had the venice i never buy lg phone agains reboot like 20 time a day worst thing i ever did the only phone i like from lg was the esteem and was beacuse developer like playfulgod make that phone top of the line
Yeah the track record is just as bad as ztes its like there in competition to see who can be the worst lol

Upvote 0
Your right I was mistaking the l7 for the l9

Yeah the track record is just as bad as ztes its like there in competition to see who can be the worst lol

Awe, DAMN! I think ZTE might have a few things to work out but each phone they put out seems to be better than the last... I'd give them another try myself, when I upgrade. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
PSA.jpg

Dodging poo-slinging while laughing...

Mods aren't laughing.

We take the Rules very seriously: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. We can talk about procedures and issues all day (as long as it's cordial), but once things turn toward another member it is out of bounds.

Everyone in this thread who is "poo slinging" can cease right now or the Mods will (a) lock the thread and (b) start handing out warnings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones