• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What to do if you don't develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mods aren't laughing.

We take the Rules very seriously: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. We can talk about procedures and issues all day (as long as it's cordial), but once things turn toward another member it is out of bounds.

Everyone in this thread who is "poo slinging" can cease right now or the Mods will (a) lock the thread and (b) start handing out warnings.

Could you clean this thread up and make it a sticky

Upvote 0
HillPowers, your OP is very good. However, virtually everything listed is covered right here:

http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

Common courtesy is common sense - and it is expected at Android Forums. We take violations of the Rules seriously: when someone starts insulting or demeaning other people, they generally learn to comply very quickly or move on to another site that tolerates what we don't.

It would be a good idea for folks to read the Rules again and make sure we're all on the same friendly page.

:)

Upvote 0
sadly though, people dont read the rules, im gonna be honest with you ive never read the rules in their entirety but basically i figure all the big issues should be along the same lines as the "dont piss off the people who handle your food" rule. its not written somewhere in some official rule book. you dont get a handbook on customer etiquette every time you walk in and sit down but if you start out by calling your waitress dirty names your meal probably has a few special ingredients

and i apologize if i offend anyone, and i want you to know no one who has posted on this thread has plucked my raw nerve. really the people who do the things that aggrivate me probably wont ever read this or the rules. my intention is just to protect you all from those who come in and tell you to do potentially harmful things to your phone acting like they know exactly what theyre talking about

so how about these rules for the people who actually follow rules

1 if someone begs, ignore them, let them know theyre not helping, or if it really bugs you say you wont do anything till people stop begging...
and if you get an eta question, do what i do, say something sarcastic that doesnt really answer the unanswerable question, it may aggrivate some but ya kno what im sorry i cant tell you when the climate shift in hell is coming, if i could id give you a straight answer but i cant

2 if people are living in denial, let them live in denial, just make sure everyone else knows that what works in their world doesnt work in ours. and if they get hostile about it, chuckle to yourself, then report them.

3 dont ever just trust any one persons word, always do your research, check their reputation for the phone in question, and if possible get a second opinion especially if you have your doubts. and if someone does happen to post something that may be considered, well for lack of better words "kinda dumb" just remember how you have never said something dumb... as long as they dont try to force their lack of knowledge onto others its perfectly alright to not know things

4 realize that some people just dont listen. no matter how right you are and how many times you have proven it there will always be someone who thinks they know better, let them think that, theyll learn

and 5 we are a community, we are all neighbors whether we like it or not, ive got neighbors i dont like but making them move is alot of work... lol. joke, laugh, enjoy yourself, and if you dont like someone, dont talk to them. most of them are probably just angry because nobody will talk to them anymore anyway

there ya go, the rules for people who follow rules,
theres really no need to get all worked up over people, some people suck, ya gotta learn to live with that. i only have my rule because i dont want people talking everyone into "drinking the punch" so to speak

just try to have some common sense, be tolerant of people even if they do get on your nerves, and accept that the ability to operate a smartphone properly is not instinctual, it has to be learned, that is why this place exists. if you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen

Upvote 0
If anyone is getting on anyone else's nerves, hit the "Report" button. It's that little triangle in the bottom left of each post. We Mods will handle anyone getting on anyone's nerves. This is a family-friendly forum for Android enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels: anyone should be able to come here and learn more about Android and their device without being subjected to attacks.

Don't retort, REPORT :)

Upvote 0
Thank you, MikeStony.

It is obvious that this thread has run its course and Mods currently have no intention of re-opening it. I have done some housekeeping in here, deleting posts and editing others. We're serious about this mutual respect thing. I welcome any questions about this action, you can PM me any time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones