What was that release date again?? ;)General

Last Updated:

1. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really excited even though I'm sure that most others have already received the same information. My DI shipped today and is showing delivery by Fedex 2 day for delivery on the 28th by 7pm. :D :D The only option they gave me when I preordered was free overnight but this confirmed my suspicions that they might go with guaranteed 2 day as much as possible to save themselves some $$$. Sorry, I just had to post because after all the ranting and worry about how Fedex won't deliver on time, and how people will be out of the store on the 29th at 10:03am with their new DI's while we wait on fedex, it seems that it might not go that way after all...while we're enjoying our new DI's Wednesday night, they'll be waiting for it to be released on Thursday.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid that this came out catty which wasn't my intent. Just thought after all the worry people wouldn't get their DI's by Thursday, it seems we'll end up getting them early.

Advertisement
    Spyder_old likes this.
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Congrats. It definitely seems like people on here (and other forums) are getting theirs shipped a day or two early. Mines still shows being processed, so it looks like I'll have to wait til the 29th

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

you win

4. deadlinguo

deadlinguo Member

Weird, I thought it was free overnight delivery from Verizon. Shouldn't you have it by tomorrow if they shipped today?

5. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

I ordered today and 2 day fedex was free, next day was $8. The odd thing is that the guy said it would be here Monday. :confused:

I'm still at the waiting for order to be process stage so no shipping details have been sent yet.

6. woop

Did you order it online? I'm looking on their site right now and overnight is STILL free (as it was when I pre-ordered it)

7. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

They gave free overnight shipping so that they could send it out on the 28th and you'd get it on the 29th. But it looks like they're saving some $$ by going with 2 day delivery and getting it to you a day early. It's a win-win. They save some cash and you get your phone for an extra day.

Mine is also scheduled to arrive on the 28th but it wouldn't surprise me if it gets here tomorrow. It's already left CA and should arrive here in Phoenix sometime tonight. So it could be out for delivery tomorrow.

8. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

yea, I was online and was on the phone with a rep at the same time going through it because of some odd issues with my account. I'm pretty sure it was a fee for overnight because I asked him why anyone would pay for overnight if they are shipping on Friday and either way it will probably get here Monday. He said it was probably just a default system thing.

dunno, it's strange

9. mjm1111

mjm1111 Well-Known Member

Mine must be on the same truck as yours! Left Ontario at 2PM

10. varaonaid

Yes, I did order it online and they DID give me automatic free overnight shipping. There wasn't any other option for any other service. Overnight only, period.

I totally didn't realize that my case was isolated. Been away from the forums a bit over the past few days due to health issues and figured that loads of people already posted that this was going on with their orders. I know I've seen several people saying that they got shipping notifications over the weekend so I thought it was happening wholesale.

I guess I could call and ask why I didn't get the overnight shipping. Maybe it would be worth finding out...

11. varaonaid

That's what I figured as well. Makes perfect sense.

12. varaonaid

Mine shipped out from somewhere in Pennsylvania. But it's on its way :D

13. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Im really starting to get pissed off...

Order Date: 04/21/2010
    Order Number: 520036***
    Order Status: We have received your order. Please check back tomorrow.

14. woop

^ Youre not alone. Mines says the same thing :(

15. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

Explain this:

Apr 26, 2010 3:20 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Apr 25, 2010 7:19 PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
    Apr 25, 2010 4:30 PM Picked up MEMPHIS, TN

Picked up on Sunday, but shipment information not sent to FedEx until Monday morning. Status hasn't changed all day - it does say In Transit though - delivery by the 28th at 7 pm

16. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

Mine's scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 3:00PM. :p They gave me the free overnight delivery. :D

Shipment Dates

Ship date
    Apr 26, 2010

Estimated delivery
    Apr 27, 2010 by 3:00 PM

Destination

SINKING SPRING, PA

Shipment Facts
    Help

Service type
    Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight
    2.0 lbs/.9 kg

17. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Just got off the phone with a vzw rep... he wasn't able to give me much information. But assured me that If I had an order number my payment would be charged and I would be inline for the phone on the 29th. He also told me if I didn't have a tracking number by the 28th to start worrying then, until then just wait it out. Hope hes right

Where do you live woop? Im in NC I wonder if location has anything to do with it.

18. dc006

dc006 Active Member

My status says the exact same thing. Before it updated with shipment information sent to FedEx though it said delivery by 3:00 PM, and now it says 7:00 PM. Verizon just ported my number while my phone is being shipped so I am going to the FedEx location as early as I can Wednesday to try to get my phone and actually have phone service. My clients are already pissed for me not answering their calls and wondering why my number is no longer in service... :(

19. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

Mine did leave Ontario but at 7AM.

20. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

My receipt says free overnight delivery - but I'm getting 2 day. :(

21. varaonaid

I'll have to find and double check my printed receipt. I KNOW I got the free overnight shipping but my emailed receipt doesn't say anything about shipping one way or the other. Very strange. Hopefully everyone's order status will change to "shipped" shortly!

22. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Someone started a thread over a week ago saying why people should not pre-order. There logic was that they were going to be at the VZW store when the doors open to get there phone while those that pre-ordered would be anxiously waiting at the window to see if the Fed Ex truck would ever show up. My phone left Memphis, TN very early this morning. If it makes it to Indianapolis by 2:00 am, it should be on a truck to southern Indiana and out for delivery tomorrow. At worst I will have it Wednesday delivered to my work.:D:cool:

23. cb85215

cb85215 Active Member

Date/Time
    Activity
    Apr 26, 2010 7:00 AM
    Left FedEx origin facility​

:p:p:p

24. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

Wow I just checked my email and my phone shipped today also! ETA is the 28th via FedEx! Yee Haa!

[​IMG]

25. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member

It looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow, and not today. Oh well, wishful thinking.:)

Estimated delivery [​IMG]
    Apr 28, 2010 by 7:00 PM

Date/Time
    Activity

Apr 26, 2010 4:11 AM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx

Apr 25, 2010 9:07 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

Apr 25, 2010 5:34 PM
    Picked up
    MEMPHIS, TN