• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What was your last phone before Android?

Nokia 5310 XpressMusic

8019-main-medium-nokia-5310-xpressmusic-silver.jpg

Upvote 0
I had a blackberry curve 8330. I actually had to use a blackberry tour the other day to set it up for a coworker and Im not sure how I lasted that long with a blackberry. Surfing the internet was painful

I hear you.. I did get a bit better response with the Opera browser with my 8330, but as compared to Android, even the Eris, it was pretty frustrating.

For a few reasons, I still miss daily use of the Blackberry, though.

Upvote 0
A Samsung Blackjack II on AT&T. It was a great phone, had it tied in to my work and home e-mail accounts and used it heavily. I started getting the itch to upgrade and I was looking at Android phones. AT&T threw everything they had into the iPhone which I definitely DID NOT want, and had no decent Android phones. Sooo...made the switch to Verizon and got my Motorola Droid. Will never look back.

Upvote 0
Motorola i850 with Nextel. Yea, what a piece that thing was. I still remember getting insurance on it because they failed about every month and I'd have to get another one...

The glory of it's amazazing (the mis-spelling needs to be there emphasize it's epic level) 0.3MP camera drew me in when I got that my Freshman year. then I was really disappointed when I saw what the other carriers had and this was the second best thing Nextel had to offer...
2415-large-motorola-i850-6088.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones