• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you do?

tell 'em to get a job and then see if they still want to buy it. my parents wouldn't have gotten me one. and i wouldn't get my kid one either. not to say i wouldn't get them a cell phone. i would just get them non-smart phone (or a free phone).

edit. should point out that i have no kids and proud of it :D

Upvote 0
if its an android vs iCrap problem....... the answer is simple

try to educate them on the differences and let them make their own decision

I agree it would be a very hard thing to do...... spending money on an iCrap when you know better....... however....... you cant impose your opinion on your kid...... if theyre educated to the differences then they can decide for themselves which is better and why

this is not a life lesson where you are right and need to make sure you kid knows it..... its a phone...... and if you force them to choose the phone you want...... then its helping nobody except your personal ego

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
The only thing I would do is ask them if they heard about the antenna bridging issue with the iPhone 4. If they have and still want it, fine. If they havent and I show them info and they still want it, fine.

If its the older iPhone models, I wouldnt really have a problem.

Depending on how old they are would determine what I would do as far as a smartphone or regular cellphone. And yea, if they're paying the the bill they can get whatever they want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones