What would you do?

Last Updated:

1. DroidEye22

DroidEye22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What would you do if your Daughter or Son asked you to buy them an I-Phone? I would say sure but when im at At&T i would buy him or her a Captivate.

Advertisement
  2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Say no, here's a Captivate.

3. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

tell 'em to get a job and then see if they still want to buy it. my parents wouldn't have gotten me one. and i wouldn't get my kid one either. not to say i wouldn't get them a cell phone. i would just get them non-smart phone (or a free phone).

edit. should point out that i have no kids and proud of it :D

4. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

I'd tell them when they can foot the bill for the phone itself and the data plan they can have what they want till then they can have a basic phone (non smart, non feature)

5. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

if its an android vs iCrap problem....... the answer is simple

try to educate them on the differences and let them make their own decision

I agree it would be a very hard thing to do...... spending money on an iCrap when you know better....... however....... you cant impose your opinion on your kid...... if theyre educated to the differences then they can decide for themselves which is better and why

this is not a life lesson where you are right and need to make sure you kid knows it..... its a phone...... and if you force them to choose the phone you want...... then its helping nobody except your personal ego

jroc likes this.
  6. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the others, if YOUR footing the bill get a basic phone, if the kid is footing the bill then he can get an iPhone, but do not be like most parents and if he slacks off you let him keep the phone, if he slacks off you TAKE the phone until he can pay you back.

7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The only thing I would do is ask them if they heard about the antenna bridging issue with the iPhone 4. If they have and still want it, fine. If they havent and I show them info and they still want it, fine.

If its the older iPhone models, I wouldnt really have a problem.

Depending on how old they are would determine what I would do as far as a smartphone or regular cellphone. And yea, if they're paying the the bill they can get whatever they want.