• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the Best Antivirus for Android Mobile?

In terms of Bitdefender being trustworthy, it is. I've been using it as the AV on all our PCs at home for the past 6years, where it also has been consistently the editor's choice for best AV among almost all trustworthy review sites and independent AV labs. If I remember correctly, Kaspersky and Avast used to use a modified version of the Bitdefender AV engine for their heuristic analysis function.

I actually do have Bitdefender premium version on my phone (I got like 5 codes given to me by them worth 6mo license each, one for each PC at home, free for their Android app). It was a sort of loyalty award thing. I use it mostly for security along with Cerberus. AV function not so much. Privacy advisor works, but I usually don't mind it. Useful when I have to update like 20 apps and is too bored to read any changed permissions. But it's not a must have on a phone.

Upvote 0
Can see 360 Mobile Safe is definitely Chinese and is trying to send a message to 10010, that's the service and billing number for China Unicom. KaChow you're in Philadelphia and this came from Google Play? Is 10010 used in the US for phone number verification or SMS billing?

Qihoo, the makers of 360 Mobile Safe, have been making their "360" PC(Windows) antivirus product for years, and fact most PCs in China have it. Problem is I found it doesn't work. It's only the last couple of years with the popularity of Android, that they've gone international with their mobile antivirus(trojan) products,

I believe the 10010 is for SMS billing. I did download the app from the Play Store, which I did find it somewhat odd for that billing code. Now I should probably also mention that most of the custom ROMs that I run on my device I do get from China, which this does explain why some of the 360 application was partially translated. I don

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
until i witness a mobile AV application successfully clean an infected phone, I'm not using any of them.

Well, that would never happen. Because the phones will never get infected by a virus because virus for Android doesn't exist. Even BitDefender Antivirus isn't an Antivirus in the same sense as it is in a PC. It's an anti-theft app, a privacy advisor, and a malware detector. Basically it just scans your apps for any known malware (since of course, some people install stuff from outside Play, like Amazon for instance, or other sources), or modified apps in which malware may be hidden (warez). Privacy advisor just tells you what level of your personal data are some apps accessing, and anti-theft is pretty obvious. Remote wipe, location, etc. Nowhere in its feature set is any function that serves as an antivirus.

Reactions: nyydynasty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones