1. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Jeepers Creeepers

2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Lol, you said IT not me :)
  3. aileenroger1

aileenroger1 New Member

Well, I think Jeepers Creepers is most scary movie. This movies format is based on a series of horror films Jeepers Creepers large and struck gold at the box office of an audience composed mainly of teenagers and young adults. I was so scare watching this movie.
  4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I was laughing too hard while watching this movie to actually be able to understand the plot. LOL :D:D:D:D:D (Just kidding, BTW! I actually like this movie, but it definitely didn't scare me.)

I have never found a truly scary movie (for me at least), though I have seen a lot that were just disturbing (Faces of Death). I hate how some of the movies have horrible acting. That, for me, ruins a lot of potentially good scary movies.

I was thinking about it, I really liked The Mist (Stephen King) and The Stand (again Stephen King).

5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

And probably like with most movies made from books, The Stand novel was way better than the movie. I understand it was made for TV....I think I wanna see a remake thats put in theaters.
  6. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member

The good old "Exorcist"! The uncut one is also. Watch it in the dark.
  7. kratos

I just thought of another really good scary movie. It's called House and is based off the novel by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. I think it is a great movie and the book is even better!

Google Books: House - Google Books

IMDB: House (2008)

8. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

No one thought Nightmare on Elm street was scary, especially back in the day? I didn't like the sequels after the 2nd one but that had me freaked out for a little bit too.

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
    three, four, better lock your door.
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Yea I forgot about that ....lol 1 and 3 were the best IMO. I dont know what they were thinking with 2...
  10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

the original dawn of th e dead freeked me out as a kid
  11. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was quite disturbing.
  12. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

My old lady and I are exact opposites. She gets freaked out by stuff that could really happen, i.e. the psycho serial killer stuff.

I get freaked out by the paranormal stuff. Paranormal Activity kept me up pretty much for two nights straight.

My feeling is, I can punch a real person, I can't punch a ghost. Thus, I don't worry so much about a real person trying to kill me.
  13. xmr405o

Hills have eyes 2006 remake is pretty freakin eff'd up. That movie is up there in graphic images category.
  14. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Anything realistic is far better than monsters.
  15. Iqoniq

Iqoniq Active Member

American Warewolf in London (orignal) scared me silly when I saw it when I was about 8 due to my sadistic babysitter making me watch it. A few months after that I saw Close Encounters of The Third Kind and the aliens gave me nightmares for ages. I love CETK now, but still get shivers when I see the aliens.

Movies don't really scare me now though but thats because I know how the special effects are done and I'm old enough to not believe everything I see.
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^ok....watch a scary movie home alone with ALL the lights out... When its over keep the lights out and try to do stuff around the house...lol
  17. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

The year was 1973... and the movie was, and in my opinion, one of the scariest "psychological" horror movies of all time. The movie was called "The Legend of Hell House".

It's not necessarily gory or bloody but it'll take you on a mental roller coaster.
  18. xmr405o

LOL. I do that sometimes to myself. I don't even need to watch a scary movie. I freak myself out thinking that there's gonna be a little ghost kid like the one in Pet Cemetery behind me. :eek: After that, my heart starts pounding even though I know it's not real.

19. that's why Idiocracy is the scariest movie of all time. we are headed in that direction.
  20. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I'm a horror movie connoisseur and nothing really scares me.

A few good ones are Rose Red, Dead Silence with the ventriloquist and the original Amityville Horror. Love those movies
    kratos likes this.
  21. kratos

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about Rose Red. Have you seen The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer (2003) (TV)

shawn1224 likes this.
  22. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea, that was the prequel to Rose Red. It had a great story line and not just one of your slice & gore horror flicks.

Although I like those as well :D
  23. kratos

I thought Ellen Rimbauer really answered a lot of questions Rose Red didn't.

I too love chop-em-up, bloody-gory movies too, but I would rather have a psychological horror movie that really makes you thing.

24. Snedd

Snedd Well-Known Member

The ending of Rec, scariest moment I've seen on film.
  25. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

While I love horror movies now (have a massive collection) when I was a kid the first movie that actually gave me nightmares was "Pet Cemetery".