• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories When 3500mah just isnt enough ... (vent,rant)

http://androidforums.com/incredible-accessories/98877-seidio-liar-liar-your-pants-fire.html

http://androidforums.com/incredible-accessories/119578-battery-testing-results.html

You won't get me to buy anything from Seidio now, they have already had one of their batteries shown to be a scam, or at least crap.

Seidio are nothing but scam artists, and to the one guy who asked, yes my experience is specifically with the ebay 3500. I'm sorry but it's really dumb to pay 40 bucks for something that will definitely be crap than 10 bucks.
like i stated, seidio are consistantly around 80% or rated value while cheap ebay shit is normally much lower

Reactions: DustinF00
Upvote 0
BTW my intention is to buy the Seido but wanted to try this one just for the size. How was your Seido acting on day 1? as bad as mine above?

out of the box it was already ~60% so I used it for a few hours and it dropped pretty quick. I plugged it it, and even bump charged it (took a few hours total). I still only got about 12-14 hours on the first FULL charge. I let it get down to 1% and plugged it in. It's been getting better and better with each cycle.

I've had it unplugged now for >40 hours and I'm sitting strong at 30%. I would have had to charge it AT LEAST 3 times by now with my OEM battery (1300).

Upvote 0
as much as i agree that seideio is a terrible company and their products suck, what he's saying is that the ebay batteries are WORSE than seideio, and i agree. this is because this cheap hong kong bullshit will never be truly 3500 mah for 10 dollars. like, really? come on now. to pay for a true HTC 3500, you pay out the ass, and it's because it's quality.

seideo you pay out the ass too, but it's not quality, as they just rip you off. i just got the HTC 1500 from ebay, and that was worth all 15 bucks, def. and in this case, this ebay battery (which is an actual OEM HTC part) is much better than my crappy seideo, which is now retired and sitting in a box where it belongs! :D

Upvote 0
You guys are all saying that Seidio sucks for extended batteries. Then who would you go to to buy an extended battery for your Incredible? I am looking to get a 3500 mah because I make a lot of calls during the day, send a lot of text messages and emails and listen to a lot of music. I need that large battery.

The Seidio 3500 mah battery at Amazon has awesome reviews, so I guess those people don't think Seidio sucks?

Upvote 0
You can say it as much as you like, but that doesn't make it true. Seidio has been proven to be crap, no matter how many fanbois think they are great.

you are likely basing this on speculation and hearsay. Would you change your opinion based on my ACTUAL experience? not likely = troll. Now I'm not trying to call names, but why would you make such strong opinions based on what you probably have just heard from other people? Trust me, this battery is the shiznit. I paid $55, and it's worth every cent.

Reactions: howarmat
Upvote 0
You guys are all saying that Seidio sucks for extended batteries. Then who would you go to to buy an extended battery for your Incredible? I am looking to get a 3500 mah because I make a lot of calls during the day, send a lot of text messages and emails and listen to a lot of music. I need that large battery.

The Seidio 3500 mah battery at Amazon has awesome reviews, so I guess those people don't think Seidio sucks?

The reason they are rating it high is because it is absolutely an upgrade from the stock battery.

The reason people here (us geeks) are saying its a scam is because it has been ripped apart and found to not be what it claims to be, or at least other Seido products have.

for example i have the Seido 1750, and it is literally identical in performance as my stock battery. no difference at all! and in some thread a guy ripped the wrapper off and found it to be same id's as 1500mah battery or something.

as for where do you get a different one, im not sure! Which is why i bought the damn seido even after getting burned on the 1750. pisses me off, but i dont see many options.

Also the mods here will probably ban me soon for bitching so much about my battery, so i better take some steps to rectify it hahah

Upvote 0
you are likely basing this on speculation and hearsay. Would you change your opinion based on my ACTUAL experience? not likely = troll. Now I'm not trying to call names, but why would you make such strong opinions based on what you probably have just heard from other people? Trust me, this battery is the shiznit. I paid $55, and it's worth every cent.

I'm not basing anything on hearsay; earlier in the thread I posted two links that detail Seidio battery performance based on actual testing. The threads are very long and end up with a lot of detail and information, and that information says that Seidio is ripping people off.

Not my problem if you don't want to look at the data.

Upvote 0
The reason they are rating it high is because it is absolutely an upgrade from the stock battery.

The reason people here (us geeks) are saying its a scam is because it has been ripped apart and found to not be what it claims to be, or at least other Seido products have.

for example i have the Seido 1750, and it is literally identical in performance as my stock battery. no difference at all! and in some thread a guy ripped the wrapper off and found it to be same id's as 1500mah battery or something.

as for where do you get a different one, im not sure! Which is why i bought the damn seido even after getting burned on the 1750. pisses me off, but i dont see many options.

Also the mods here will probably ban me soon for bitching so much about my battery, so i better take some steps to rectify it hahah

But people on Amazon are reporting like DAYS of usage with that battery.

Upvote 0
But people on Amazon are reporting like DAYS of usage with that battery.

i know i saw the same thing, which is what got me interested in the 3500 to begin with! I dont even know what to say, except i hope i have similar performance when i receive mine.

people also report 24-48hrs on stock battery, where i cant get it to last more than like 7hrs with light usage, or 4hrs with heavy usage lol

:shrugs:

Upvote 0
Any updated on your battery life? I have a hong kong 3500 and haven't really had a problem with it. I think the biggest culprit is you did all this testing on day 1 and did not give the battery enough time to calibrate with the phone. I do notice after a couple months of use on the hong kong battery I'm not getting as much up time, but I really bought it to test if I could deal with the thickness.

Upvote 0
Any updated on your battery life? I have a hong kong 3500 and haven't really had a problem with it. I think the biggest culprit is you did all this testing on day 1 and did not give the battery enough time to calibrate with the phone. I do notice after a couple months of use on the hong kong battery I'm not getting as much up time, but I really bought it to test if I could deal with the thickness.

yes performance definitely improved throughout the day. I believe i saw the biggest drain when i was underground on the subway for an hour. i had gps on, data on, and was playing mp3's

since then it has been 6 hours and only dropped about 11% with moderate usage.

Tomorrow im going to do the same exact thing, except leave Juicedefender to turn data on/off every 1/15 and see what sort of difference that would make.

If im not satisfied i will have to do Airplane mode the following day.

If i can just avoid that 30% drop within first 2hrs of my day, im thinking i will be fine

also remember i have the same trip home at night ... so presumable it will be another 30% drop

Upvote 0
I'm not basing anything on hearsay; earlier in the thread I posted two links that detail Seidio battery performance based on actual testing. The threads are very long and end up with a lot of detail and information, and that information says that Seidio is ripping people off.

Not my problem if you don't want to look at the data.

I looked at your "data" but all I saw was a chart that showed a few batteries, none of which were the Seidio 3500 (nor the HK 3500 for that matter) so I'm not sure this is even relevant. You are basing your opinion of an untested battery on the results from the previous, older, lower capacity batteries? lame.:rolleyes:

and no, I did not look at every single post on every single page, so if that data is somewhere else I missed it.

Upvote 0

so after a couple months, what is your uptime down to?

Upvote 0
I looked at your "data" but all I saw was a chart that showed a few batteries, none of which were the Seidio 3500 (nor the HK 3500 for that matter) so I'm not sure this is even relevant. You are basing your opinion of an untested battery on the results from the previous, older, lower capacity batteries? lame.:rolleyes:

and no, I did not look at every single post on every single page, so if that data is somewhere else I missed it.

I can tell by your response that you didn't read the threads. I don't blame you, as they are awfully long, but I followed them as they were created, and the data presented points right at the Seidio 1750, tested on multiple units, did not live up to its rating. That means that Seidio is providing crappy products or it outright scamming people.

The fact that the battery we are talking about is a 3500 mAh is irrelevant because it is still put out by Seidio. Why would you spend that much money with a company that has already been shown to provide inferior products?

Upvote 0
i agree he is

You can say it as much as you like, but that doesn't make it true. Seidio has been proven to be crap, no matter how many fanbois think they are great.

lmao, i am very familiar with the threads you posted. i have followed them since they day they were created. but unlike your rant in which you assume i am making things up i have seen actual data.

if you actual read those threads and then gone to the batteryboss testing you will see exactly what i stated. seidio hovers around 80-85% of quoted battery rating. while your cheap piece of shit hong kong crap is all over the map in terms of how they rack up against what the ratings are suppose to be. Hell even dustins results show its close to 80% of rated output, which again backs up my statement
That means that Seidio is providing crappy products or it outright scamming people.

I never once stated the seidio batteries are good or they were not lying about the rating. I stated the simple FACT that the seidios are more consistent than most of the ebay crap which is directly opposite of your initial post

Upvote 0
what is the largest size battery I can get for the Dinc without having to purchase a battery cover? Getting my xmas list ready for Santa :D
you best bet is an OEM EVO 1500 battery or TP 1500 mah battery. The others are not actually 1750 or 1800 and are closer to 1500. You can get the actual 1500 batteries much cheaper than the supposed 1750 or 1800 ones

Upvote 0
The fact that the battery we are talking about is a 3500 mAh is irrelevant because it is still put out by Seidio. Why would you spend that much money with a company that has already been shown to provide inferior products?

Because it's STILL the best battery on the market in terms of length of time between charges. So what if it's not EXACTLY 3500? It's still more than the OEM, 1750, 2100, and everything else on the market. If I paid $55 for a 3500 and it's actually ~2500-3000, I can live with that because I know I can make it 2-3 days on ONE charge. But what I can't live with is charging my friggin' battery every god damned day like clockwork.

what is better for you in the long run:

$55 --> 2-3 days of use

$0 --> 8-12 hours of use

exactly.

who gives a shit if they're lying about the actual mAh? (sure, it would be nice to know exactly, but) I bought the battery to last longer. So far, I am more than satisifed. If you want to stay within a 4 foot radius of an outlet at all times then by all means keep your stock battery. The rest of us have lives that demand more than that.

Upvote 0
so after a couple months, what is your uptime down to?

I dont have any hard data, but with moderate use by the end of the day I was down to about 35-40% right before it hit yellow. After a couple months I was starting to hit that "yellow" mark when it was time for bed and time to charge the phone.

Ill be quite honest, if you use your phone and attempt to conserve battery your subway trip seems to be your biggest culprit, I think you will be pleased with your 10 dollar purchase. Although I think no matter what, the Droid Incredible is a battery hog. Everyone and their mother has a rant about the battery life and everyone picks apart the batteries, but in the end... it truly is the incredible and its thirst for power.

Upvote 0
i called and cancelled my Sedieo ... if i can go 2 months and at least get the full day out of my battery, ill use this for as long as i can.

im positive once i turn on juicedefender and airplane mode on the subway, 16hrs up, 6hrs awake wont be an issue at all.

i will def keep yall posted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones