• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where can I download xrecovery from?

No dice... I get an error page. Thanks the same exact link uploaded on the other threads. I really don't know hat the problem is, because I've downlaoded a few things during the week with no problems what so ever. Could some send me that apk via email or something?? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Ok have you tried the flash tool?

Unzip to a folder and then run the program and then once you have flash tool open go to advanced and I swear it has the option to install xrecovery but you have to root with the flash tool.

I say swear as Im not sure if it picked up the the xrecovery apk I put in the folder???

Upvote 0
I've attched the .apk and the update to this post. Install the .apk as usual then use xRecovery to install the update. If you can't get it this way, I don't know what else to do. I can't upload it to another site as zdzihu requested that people not post mirror links. Hope this works for you.

Attachments

• xRecovery-0.3-release.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 260
  • xRecovery-charge-offline.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
I've attched the .apk and the update to this post. Install the .apk as usual then use xRecovery to install the update. If you can't get it this way, I don't know what else to do. I can't upload it to another site as zdzihu requested that people not post mirror links. Hope this works for you.

HELLO THERE; TRIED EVERYTHING ADVISED HERE, INSTALLED THE APK FILE, THEN TRIED TO UPDATE WITH XRECOVERY AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE:

-- Installing: SDCARD :bluetooth/xRecovery-charge-offline.zip
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(Device or resource busy)
E: Can't mount SDCARD :bluetooth/xRecovery-charge-offline.zip
Installation aborted

and this is basically the same message i get when i try to install the JIT Enabler v2

Please help

thank you
krsnaone

Upvote 0
HELLO THERE; TRIED EVERYTHING ADVISED HERE, INSTALLED THE APK FILE, THEN TRIED TO UPDATE WITH XRECOVERY AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE:

-- Installing: SDCARD :bluetooth/xRecovery-charge-offline.zip
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(Device or resource busy)
E: Can't mount SDCARD :bluetooth/xRecovery-charge-offline.zip
Installation aborted

and this is basically the same message i get when i try to install the JIT Enabler v2

Please help

thank you
krsnaone

Old thread...things have changed. Next time, please create a new thread.

If you are using Android 2.1.

Install the flashtool on your computer

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html

Root the phone...after that, ask permission...if your phone accepts the permission request, then you should be able to install it by clicking under Andvanced at the top and install xRecovery.

I think you need to boot in recovery mode, then root....then reboot phone and start it up normally, and click the Ask Permission button....on the phone, click ok or accept....then install xRecovery from the Advanced menu at the top of the flashtool app.

So....remove anything you did....and do the above.

Upvote 0
thank you very much, sorry for not starting a new thread, actually dont know i should have, and dont know how :)

how do i root in recovery mode?? pls help

I guess you didn't read the thread/link I posted.

It lists everything step by step with screen shots.

You download the flashtool....download the file you want to flash with....you boot in flash mode....flash the phone....reboot phone....then root...restart phone....install apk from flashtool.

Just read that thread and try and follow along with it.

If you have any problems or questions create a new thread.

Go here - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Android Forums

Click the New Thread button. Give it a title and type in the what is going on and at what step you got up to and where you are having a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones