• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where did Swype go?

When I was on ICS, Swype was an option.

Ah now I figured it out, after I found this:
You dont need to download swype. In settings under the samsung keyboard tab click predictive text (it has to be turned on) then check the box next to "continuous input." You're good to go.

i managed to get the tip above working. When you go into the samsung keyboard settings, tap on the line for predicitive text rather than just placing tick in the box on the line. This opens up a new menu screen with the various additional options available. Only had it running a short time but very like swype so happy chappy here.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/551530-swype.html#post4683398

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
I tried downloading the Swype beta and out disappeared...

Anyway, I muddled through the settings and somehow got it to work, though some things were grayed out and I couldn't select the obvious choices. Thanks for the help!

Same here. It's grayed out but eventually I got it to go. I'm not a fan of Swype (or just inept) but it's good to know that it's there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones