• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

where do I get Swype from? Can't find it in Market or Appbrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I tried that. What button on the keyboard would I long press? The language one is greyed out and says "En" I'm running Froyo if that matters

you don't need to long press a key. you have to compose a new sms and long press anywhere in the free text box (the area where you write the actual message).

long press until you get the option to choose your preferred input method.

Upvote 0
I got swype installed but for some reason i can't figure out how to use it. It works in the swype tutorial but when i go to send a text it uses the stock htc keypad. how do i change this?

when you compose a new sms, you have to long press anywhere in the free text box (the area where you write the actual message).

long press until you get the option to choose your preferred input method.

Reactions: micool11
Upvote 0
Swype was available as Beta until June, If you didn't join the Beta programme then I don't think you can get it. It's not on the Market as released yet.

Details from www.swypeinc.com

Exactly which part of this is hard to understand?

Swype is copyrighted software and is currently in closed beta. It is not available publicly through any other channels and the developers have made it plain that it is not to be distributed by those in the testing program.

Please review the Forum Rules re "Linking to pirated/illegal software"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones