• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where is Froyo?

Germwise

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
Droid has froyo, Nexus has froyo roms.

If droid has it why not us!?!?! I am dying waiting. I will give the first person who gets me a working froyo rom an amazing meal composed of any 2 items from the McD's dollar menu.

Don't let this offer expire.

The Incredible hasn't been rooted that long, give people sometime to build roms that work with the Incredible remember unlike the Nexus One and Droid this phone not only was much more difficult to even get root but it also has Internal Memory which is another thing that makes an updated rom with froyo a little more complicated to make I imagine

be patient , it will come

Upvote 0
The reason is that we do not have the right kerrnels for a froyo port. We have a .29 kernel, and we need a .32 kernel. Now, one may ask, where are the .32 kernels? So, the reason that we dont have .32 kernels that it is "an uphill battle" as described by ejhart. Since we have a .29 kernel as stock, it will be difficult to recreate a .32 kernel from source. I have also heard from ejhart that he and their team are working on a .32 kernel from the desire.

So, froyo will come with the proper kernel.

I hope this helped anyone who doesnt know why froyo isnt coming as soon as you would like. I know everyone, including myself wants froyo, and is very impatient about it, but really, do you want to run a terrible froyo rom with nothing working (or just be bootlooping) or do we want a usable froyo.

HAPPY HACKING!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones