Where is Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Droid has froyo, Nexus has froyo roms.

If droid has it why not us!?!?! I am dying waiting. I will give the first person who gets me a working froyo rom an amazing meal composed of any 2 items from the McD's dollar menu.

Don't let this offer expire.

Advertisement
  2. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i will up that offer to any combo meal at taco bell ;)

3. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

This is a great question that I would also like to know the answer to. There must be a good reason why a froyo rom isn't out yet for the incredible.

4. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

were the ones that actually need it because we hae that 256mb of RAM that we cant use until we get it

5. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

The Incredible hasn't been rooted that long, give people sometime to build roms that work with the Incredible remember unlike the Nexus One and Droid this phone not only was much more difficult to even get root but it also has Internal Memory which is another thing that makes an updated rom with froyo a little more complicated to make I imagine

be patient , it will come

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please keep replies respectful, folks.

7. xgphacks123

xgphacks123 Well-Known Member

The reason is that we do not have the right kerrnels for a froyo port. We have a .29 kernel, and we need a .32 kernel. Now, one may ask, where are the .32 kernels? So, the reason that we dont have .32 kernels that it is "an uphill battle" as described by ejhart. Since we have a .29 kernel as stock, it will be difficult to recreate a .32 kernel from source. I have also heard from ejhart that he and their team are working on a .32 kernel from the desire.

So, froyo will come with the proper kernel.

I hope this helped anyone who doesnt know why froyo isnt coming as soon as you would like. I know everyone, including myself wants froyo, and is very impatient about it, but really, do you want to run a terrible froyo rom with nothing working (or just be bootlooping) or do we want a usable froyo.

HAPPY HACKING!

ArmlessRifleman, Josh2 and crimton like this.