• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's the HTC website gone too?

myadreplies

Jan 25, 2015
I have an HTC phone, and for the last two months, I've been trying to get on the HTC website, but all I get is "Page Not Found".

I have turned my blockers and firewall protectors off, and still get that error message.

I have used Google, Google Chrome, and IE (Bing, AOL, Yahoo, etc...) to see if I can get to the website from those, and still, the same error message "Page Not Found".

I've also tried getting onto the HTC company site from work, and still "Page Not Found".

Their last, forced "updates" screwed up my phone, and I want it fixed! So WHERE did HTC's company site go too?

Both HTC.com and HTCdev.com are working fine. Have you tried using a different device to access them?

As others have said, let us know what phone you have and what the problem is and we may be able to help.

Forced updates incidentally are something that certain US carriers do, rather than a HTC policy (or any other phone manufacturer).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I got the website on my work computer today, don't know why I couldn't get it before.

I still cant get the website on my home computer! I never had any problems before.
I have ran my cleaners, filters, anti-spammers, etc. I have ran my internet security program and it comes up clean.
I don't know why I cant get this website to come up!!!!!

I have a HTC Desire 816. They FORCED an update on my phone a month ago...it did not give me a choice of installing or not, it was update or can't use the phone!

This "update" screwed up an already screwed up phone!!!! My camera/video is pretty much useless now, it randomly calls people on my phone list all by itself, it takes FOREVER to update emails on there, and takes FOREVER to pretty much do anything on it now!

And today it turned off the internet all on its own! It took me forever to figure out what the hell was wrong with it this time!!! Somehow, all on its own, it turned off the Mobile data.

My phone sits at my desk at work all day, and only at lunch do I check my emails. I keep my phone in a case, but I have never dropped it, never been wet, never sat out in the sun, never was frozen............basically it's just an expensive piece of garbage.

I want a Samsung S7 next year when they come out, but Im afraid it's just going to do the same things this phone and the previous phone did.

By the way, I have tried the websites for HTC Canada, HTC UK, HTC Japan, and I keep getting the SAME error message.

Upvote 0
Your router or isp probably has bad dns settings. Use Google's for primary and secondary dns -

As for your phone - begin by holding volume down while powering on. Use the on screen instructions to go from HBOOT to RECOVERY - from there, clear cache, and reboot.

You won't lose anything.

Try that.

Upvote 0
I got the website on my work computer today, don't know why I couldn't get it before.

I still cant get the website on my home computer! I never had any problems before.
I have ran my cleaners, filters, anti-spammers, etc. I have ran my internet security program and it comes up clean.
I don't know why I cant get this website to come up!!!!!

I have a HTC Desire 816. They FORCED an update on my phone a month ago...it did not give me a choice of installing or not, it was update or can't use the phone!

This "update" screwed up an already screwed up phone!!!! My camera/video is pretty much useless now, it randomly calls people on my phone list all by itself, it takes FOREVER to update emails on there, and takes FOREVER to pretty much do anything on it now!

And today it turned off the internet all on its own! It took me forever to figure out what the hell was wrong with it this time!!! Somehow, all on its own, it turned off the Mobile data.

My phone sits at my desk at work all day, and only at lunch do I check my emails. I keep my phone in a case, but I have never dropped it, never been wet, never sat out in the sun, never was frozen............basically it's just an expensive piece of garbage.

I want a Samsung S7 next year when they come out, but Im afraid it's just going to do the same things this phone and the previous phone did.

By the way, I have tried the websites for HTC Canada, HTC UK, HTC Japan, and I keep getting the SAME error message.

I believe this is something Verizon Wireless did on their customized phone. HTC would never do that, force the update. AFAIK no manufacturer forces devices to update. Possibly the same thing might happen with a Verizon version Samsung as well.

Upvote 0
I believe this is something Verizon Wireless did on their customized phone. HTC would never do that, force the update. AFAIK no manufacturer forces devices to update. Possibly the same thing might happen with a Verizon version Samsung as well.

I don't have Verizon, I have Virgin Mobile.

And it was an forced update......as it updated itself. I had to restart the phone, as the update screen would not go away. I could not use my phone at all.

Upvote 0
Your router or isp probably has bad dns settings. Use Google's for primary and secondary dns -

As for your phone - begin by holding volume down while powering on. Use the on screen instructions to go from HBOOT to RECOVERY - from there, clear cache, and reboot.

You won't lose anything.

Try that.

I don't know what DNS settings are, much less how to get them changed.

Upvote 0

You won't lose anything.

Try that.

I tried your powering instructions with the phone. It didn't do anything but go into SafeMode.
Now most of my icons are gone.

Upvote 0
I don't have Verizon, I have Virgin Mobile.

And it was an forced update......as it updated itself. I had to restart the phone, as the update screen would not go away. I could not use my phone at all.

OK Virgin forced the update and not "Big Red". Some carriers are determined that everyone has the same OS version and bloat.

FWIW on my device, an Oppo F7a, the Lollipop update was anything but forced, was quite the opposite in fact. Had to really go out of my way to do it, using a Windows laptop. I normally use a Macbook. :thumbsupdroid: ...but it was definitely worth doing.

Upvote 0
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Settings, Power, make sure that Fast boot is not checked.

If it was, that was the problem.

Otherwise - power off - then hold volume down while powering on until you see the bootloader screen - that's part of the standard firmware for your HTC.

I went into Settings and then Power. There is nothing called Fastboot listed anywhere on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones