• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Line Across Lock Screen

DGalt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
All of the sudden a white line has appeared across the middle of my lock screen. If I open up the keyboard (so the screen becomes horizontal) the line also turns horizontal but doesn't go all the way across the screen (just extends the distance of the vertical width of the phone)

The line does not appear when I log in, so it's not dead pixels.

I tried changing the wallpaper, didn't do anything. Tried taking out the batter, but also didn't do anything. I tried the pixel fixer app, but again it's not dead pixels so obviously that didn't do anything either.

Suggestions? I suppose the next step is to restore the phone to factor defaults (how do I do that?), unless someone has something else I can try

First issue I've run in to :(

I don't have a white line. I did have the google search box at the top of my home screen and I didn't like it so I trashed it. (It was interfering with the picture I set as my wallpaper.) I don't know that that has anything to do with it. I can't remember if I had a white line before that or not since I dumped the search bar early on.

Upvote 0
Let's make sure we're talking about the same white line.

BGR has a picture of the lock screen

Android-2.0-walkthrough-18.jpg

We are talking about that line right below the date right? I think that has always been there, but it might not be as noticeable on some backgrounds.

Upvote 0
I don't think you are going nuts, the phones that both my wife and I did not have that line for the first 1/2 day, then mine appeared. I thought it was weird, but it didn't bother me considering everything else was working great....I compared with my wife's phone, and she had no white line...untill about 6 hours later...then there is the white line. Weird, but the phones work great other than that.

Upvote 0
I'm glad I found this thread. I just had the same thing happen. I've had the Droid since Friday morning. A few minutes ago (Sunday night) the white line appeared, so it took 2.5 days. I connected to my PC via USB first thing Friday morning. I KNOW it wasn't there before. It does annoy me for some reason. If anyone gets more info on this, let us know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones