• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's still on the fence about purchasing?

I have been on the fence for months now, sold my iPad1 (got raped on eBay, 64GB WiFi/3G sold for $500), and bought a Galaxy Tab. While I have nothing but good things to say about the Tab, it just felt like a larger cell phone to me.

So, I went over to Costco today and picked up a Xoom (no contract) and I am amazed at how nice it is! Sure, I have only been using it for a few hours, but wow, I am really impressed. It took them FOREVER at Costco to ring it up, and get it activated as the kid said this was the first one he had sold. I will cancel Verizon tonight, but having the month to month fall back on is nice.

Trust me, I really hard a hard time paying $800+, but for those considering it, I can assure you, it's a GREAT device.

Upvote 0
I have been on the fence for months now, sold my iPad1 (got raped on eBay, 64GB WiFi/3G sold for $500), and bought a Galaxy Tab. While I have nothing but good things to say about the Tab, it just felt like a larger cell phone to me.

So, I went over to Costco today and picked up a Xoom (no contract) and I am amazed at how nice it is! Sure, I have only been using it for a few hours, but wow, I am really impressed. It took them FOREVER at Costco to ring it up, and get it activated as the kid said this was the first one he had sold. I will cancel Verizon tonight, but having the month to month fall back on is nice.

Trust me, I really hard a hard time paying $800+, but for those considering it, I can assure you, it's a GREAT device.

Congratulations! I'm loving mine more and more as I use it more. :)

Upvote 0
Using xoom now. The more I use it the more I like it. That being said, my initial reaction when first using it was a bit underwhelming as the screen is subpar to that of its main competitor.

I'm holding out to see what samsung LG and other android tablet have to offer. Still on the fence if i should return the xoom.

Upvote 0
Using xoom now. The more I use it the more I like it. That being said, my initial reaction when first using it was a bit underwhelming as the screen is subpar to that of its main competitor.

I'm holding out to see what samsung LG and other android tablet have to offer. Still on the fence if i should return the xoom.

Are you seeing the lag while typing in this forum??

Upvote 0
I was on the fence about keeping mine until this weekend. Now that we have Flash and USB host, there's no reason to get anything else right now.

Sure the Ipad2 is faster but I will not use iTunes. Ever.

I have no problems, no real lag. It lags a little bit everyonce in a while but not for more than a split second and I cannot reproduce it. (Which drives me nuts because I would be able to fix it then.)

Upvote 0
I was on the fence about keeping mine until this weekend. Now that we have Flash and USB host, there's no reason to get anything else right now.

Sure the Ipad2 is faster but I will not use iTunes. Ever.

I have no problems, no real lag. It lags a little bit everyonce in a while but not for more than a split second and I cannot reproduce it. (Which drives me nuts because I would be able to fix it then.)

What? I heard nothing about usb host. Did I miss it?

Upvote 0
Well.... I just fell off the fence, and landed on the Apple side. Ordered the Ipad2 today. The Xoom will probably be at Sam's club before I get my Ipad, so I may end up cancelling the backorder on the Ipad, but at this point, I doubt it. For what I want a tablet for, super thin (including the cover), light, and smooth are more important than cool home screens and widgets.

Upvote 0
Well.... I just fell off the fence, and landed on the Apple side. Ordered the Ipad2 today. The Xoom will probably be at Sam's club before I get my Ipad, so I may end up cancelling the backorder on the Ipad, but at this point, I doubt it. For what I want a tablet for, super thin (including the cover), light, and smooth are more important than cool home screens and widgets.

I came to the same conclusion as I was channel surfing and noticed how my local news channel has an Ipad app, along with, well everyone Then the cases/covers and extras for example if I lose my power connecter, I can pick one up at the local 7-11! . Then just holding both devices and I know I would much prefer to carry a lighter device.
I know in the future the Android will catch up but till them I be using the apple-a-day

Upvote 0
Me. I'm on the fence. I really, really, really want one. At the same time I'm pretty geeked to see the toshiba tablet - mostly because it's rumored to be lighter and has a full-size usb. Don't know if it will be skinned or not - I like my android to be vanilla. Lots will shake out in the next few months but I doubt I make it to the end of summer with no tablet.

Upvote 0
definitely gonna sell the xoom and wait for the samsung galaxy tab 10.1.

still deciding if i should just get iPad2. i already have android on my phone, it'd be nice to diversify.

Out of curiosity - why? I have not spent much time on the 10.1 tab, not since I realized they did not have the port options I wanted whereas Toshiba does. I was considering the Samsung to be about the same as the Xoom. So I am curious why return one for the other?

Thanks

Upvote 0
At the same time I'm pretty geeked to see the toshiba tablet - mostly because it's rumored to be lighter and has a full-size usb. Don't know if it will be skinned or not .

I am not sure of the skin part but I did read that Toshiba has added some software to enhance the screen resolution - which has made me wonder what that means for playing with stock honeycomb. I like the idea os improved graphics but not at the cost of having a layer between me and honeycomb. At the moment I am assuming its just an add on and raw honeycomb is accessable.

Lots will shake out in the next few months but I doubt I make it to the end of summer with no tablet.

This wait is killing me. I can't wait for end of summer. It will be torchure trying to wait until June. As it is now I feel like a drug addict in need of a fix. I need a tablet to control that. :)

Upvote 0

This is what I did today. I am on the list at BestBuy to get a 16GB iPad 2 (White). Should have it next week (hopefully). I went and played with the iPad 2 and for what I need it fits me perfectly. I already have Rooted HTC EVO for my Android needs. I needed a tablet that played Digital Copies of movies rather easily. The iPad 2 will do that very well.

Upvote 0
I am not sure of the skin part but I did read that Toshiba has added some software to enhance the screen resolution - which has made me wonder what that means for playing with stock honeycomb. I like the idea os improved graphics but not at the cost of having a layer between me and honeycomb. At the moment I am assuming its just an add on and raw honeycomb is accessable.

This wait is killing me. I can't wait for end of summer. It will be torchure trying to wait until June. As it is now I feel like a drig addict in need of a fix. I need a tablet to control that. :)

I feel the same. But I figured I've waited this long. I'm generally not one of those guys that is continually waiting for the next best thing. I usually feel the high end of the middle brings the best value in tech products but the tablet market hasn't done much maturing yet so selection is limited. Super excited to play with Honeycomb for sure - just gonna wait a little bit longer and let all the real geeks take care of all the little details with respect to movie watching and usb hosts, etc. Then I'll jump in feet first. So far the xoom is my favorite but I'd like to know a bit more about the Toshiba unit first... though if the xoom hits a $499 special in the coming weeks I could probably be talked out of waiting.

Upvote 0
This is what I did today. I am on the list at BestBuy to get a 16GB iPad 2 (White). Should have it next week (hopefully). I went and played with the iPad 2 and for what I need it fits me perfectly. I already have Rooted HTC EVO for my Android needs. I needed a tablet that played Digital Copies of movies rather easily. The iPad 2 will do that very well.

16g dam... i have at least 20g of music would need to go on there plus movies.... would be filled in 20 mins...

Upvote 0
16g dam... i have at least 20g of music would need to go on there plus movies.... would be filled in 20 mins...

I am not going to use the iPad as a Music Player. I have 2 dedicated PMP's for that (32GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen & 32GB ZuneHD). Digital Copies of Movies are anywhere from 1gb to 1.5gb (right now I have 7.7gb from 6 movies, 4.3gb of music and 3.9gb of 92 Apps on my 32gb iPod Touch). I will be just fine without Music on the iPad 2 and only need to keep a couple of movies as well.

Upvote 0
Does this add look legitimate to you

---------- iZETECH LIMITED --------
100% *OFFICIAL* AUTHORIZED DEALER
100% Brand New in Box – Genuine Guaranteed
100% Lowest Price Guaranteed (Price Match May Apply)
100% FULL Warranty with setup service.

PLACE YOUR ORDER WITH US @

Company Name : iZETECH LIMITED

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones