• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why “System Update” app of “android 6.0” is draining battery

I am using Yu Yunicorn (5330) android phone. It has android marshmallow update. Recently I noticed when I put the phone on charging it takes long time to charge and never goes to 100%, also during the charging when I looked into the "Settings > battery" it shows "awake" green line throughout the period of charging.

Yesterday when I saw in the battery usage I found that "System Update" app is using 190% of battery and phone battery was draining very fast. When I forced stop the "System Update" it increased the battery life and also lets the charging up to 100%. When I put the phone on charging the "System Update" app starts and that slows down the charging. Also when I remove the phone from the charging it again starts "System Update" app. So every time I have to forced stop this app.
Now I would like your help to solve the problem, why my "System update" is using all of the battery and why it is running all the time, How can I solve the problem without factory reset? I already tried running the phone in "safe mode" and "wipe cache partition" which did not help.

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones