Why do apps start themselves and which ones do I need to keep running?Support

1. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

I'm an iPhone to Android convert, so this is a bit new to me. I downloaded Advanced Task Killer and Advanced Task Manager. I've noticed that after I kill apps, they often restart themselves. Some of the apps that I see running are apps that I've never even started before. I know ATK has an auto kill feature, but I just don't want to kill anything that I need to leave running. So what do I need to leave running?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Only what you specifically want to have running, you can kill the rest.
  3. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

I saw ATK can proactively auto-kill some apps. But if they keep restarting and ATK keeps auto-killing them, isn't that just a major waste of CPU/Battery?

Otherwise, I use ATK to kill an app which didn't exit properly (many don't) or ones which background which I don't want to, and then I kill ATK so it's dead when I exit it too. :)
  4. aliveon2legs

I think somehow I've caused K9 to stop pushing notifications to me, even though I've deselected it from ATK.
  5. abyss5150

abyss5150 Member

I'm having the same issue. When I check the TaskKiller, I see like 20apps open.
  6. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

Just stop using task killers and you will notice a lot of your problems going away.
  7. aliveon2legs

I'd like to, but my battery life was atrocious before. It's at least liveable now.

Does anybody know what it is that I'm killing that's causing the phone to flash an HTC screen and say "loading" when I turn on my screen?
  8. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

There's like 20 HTC apps, so any number of those would likely do this I reckon.. :)