• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does data packet keep switching on???

meadman

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
Just got an ace on o2 payg. My data packets keep switching on depsite knocking them off. Usually after the phone sleeps and i reactivate, it is back on again. Please help as this is using my credit!! I have deactivated all auto updates, auto syncing etc that i can find and checked all apps for permissions etc. What else could be happening here?

This used to happen to me, im on giffgaff, i told them to add the Mobile Internet Bar on my account (this would mean you can only connect to internet via Wifi), you can have it removed when you want (by asking them), i used to get charged all the time (even when having mobile packet data and background data turned of), i dont think you can put the mobile internet bar on with o2, but you can with giffgaff (and giffgaff is great; goodybags, payback etc), i would recomend giffgaff to you, go here to order a free sim with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones