• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why has my phone stopped syncing?

I have recently upgraded to 2.1 on my pulse and everything worked ok for a day or two. However, yesterday and today my phone just seems to have just stopped syncing to gmail.
I turn on the 3g, background data, and auto-sync buttons, as well as wifi when available, but nothing happens. I've turned it on and off, took the battery out, cleared cache etc, but nada. When it's syncing it usually shows a little white circle going round and round, but the symbol just stays green, with no rotation, and nothing happens when I click refresh either.​

There's no indication that there's a problem, no message, nothing at all. I haven't been able to use the market either as apps keep stalling on download or nothing happens either - I don't know if they are related?

Is there a way to start a force-sync or do something to prompt it to start syncing again? Or should I reinstall the OS again? This is all a bit frustrating!

Ok, now I'm having problems with my SMS service - yesterday, as well as not being able to download from the market or sync to my gmails, I kept getting messages saying my sms inbox was full. Duly deleted them and now I'm still getting that message, even though my inbox is completely empty! I've also noticed I can't send anything out either.

I think I'm going to have to do a factory reset - does anyone know if the sim card and sd card should be kept on the phone while resetting, or should they be removed first? TIA for any response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones