• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WIFI / Battery problems

mrdagz

Jun 30, 2009
Hi All
I have a Sensation on UK Vodaphone my other half has a Desire-S on O2 Uk, before last week my phone would last 36 to 48 hours normal
usage and the desire would last up to 4 days normal usage but now they are both lasting 12 on standby !!!

I called HTC and they sent out 2 new batteries, was not convinced they would help as the odds on 2 batters dieing on the same day on two different models are remote at best. got the batteries and no difference.

I have played around with the phones and i found the turning the WIFI off seem to fix the problem on both phone.
I have also seem that HTC rolled out a security fix for WIFI so i am wondering if it is related.
No new apps ort settings, but did try a factory reset on the Sensation but no joy.

anyone else having similar issues ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones