wifi callingSupport

1. markbehr

markbehr Well-Known Member

Ok, I just bought the sensation 4g couple days ago. My question is, the tmobile rep said wifi calling is free and does not use up my minutes but on the phone it keeps saying that does, so which is it? Im confused and dont know what to believe. thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Free WiFi calling is a fairly recent change for TMobile so the app is probably warning you based on out of date info. It's probably a good idea to call 611 on your phone and have them confirm if you plan on using that a lot though...
  3. markbehr

ok thanks. i will do that.
  4. markbehr

Ok i was just told that the phone has the ability, and it cost ten dollars a month to use this feature. so wifi calling isnt free hmmm.
  5. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member

There is a misunderstanding between you and that rep. There is no charge for this feature. The application predates any change in policy.
  6. markbehr

lol well theres one way to solve this. wait to i get my bill, then i will find out lol
  7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that the "feature" is free however it will use plan minutes. So if you have a 500 minute plan, for $29/mo, you will continue to pay $29/mo, but each minute used on wi-fi, will be deducted from your 500 minute monthly allotment. Whereas if you have an unlimited plan, it is a non-issue.
  8. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Actually that was the change that was recently made, WiFi calls don't use your minutes anymore. T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi calling will no longer use in-plan minutes – Android and Me
  9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

I called and confirmed it is free... no ten dollar charge.. I can't however tell if I am using the minutes or not... hard to tell
  10. dirtydean12

dirtydean12 Member

if you confirmed it is free then you would only be using minutes when you are using the mobile network for calls instead of whatever wifi you connect too...
  11. markbehr

lol they need to get their story straight. i hate getting conflicting info. is it or isnt it free.
  12. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member

Shows up as plan minutes on my usage summary. I have a total of 70 minutes used, with 5 of those T-mo - T-mo (F), and 57 through a wifi hotspot (U).
    My summary says that I have used 65 plan minutes
  13. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Just looked at my account and it says tmobile hotspot 167 minutes used then it says unlimited next to it. But my whenever minutes (plan) minutes says 86/1500 used.. Meaning all my wifi calling has been free.. Saaaaweet

ALSO UNDER MY SERVICES IT SAYS FREE WIFI CALLING.. MAKE SURE YOU GUYS HAVE CALLED AND ACTIVATED YOUR WIFI CALLING
  14. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

It is free, but it is only compatible with even more, even more plus, and the new calling/data plans. If you want the feature to not use plan mins, you have to get tmo to activate the feature on your account , but it is 100% free.
    rwperales likes this.
  15. Contraus

Contraus Active Member

Ok. Dumb question here:
    How do I set up wifi calling? I tried to do it but it looks like you need server info and stuff like that. What gives?
  16. i have a question can i use the htc sensations wifi and just not have a sim card in it
    will the phone work without a carrier?
    could i get apps and go on the internet?
    plz reply ASAP thnx
  17. colnago

Yes.

Yes.
  18. will wifi work without a carrier?
    and would be required to have a data plan if i
    (for example) get it unlocked and use on att? would i automatically have to pay for data?
    plz reply soon
    - Thanks

EDIT: also colnago thnx for your first answer
  19. colnago

Yes.

No.

No.

EDIT: You're welcome.