• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi connection - PLEASE HELP??!!!

confused70

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
Hi there all,

I am REALLY hoping someone can help me out here. I am in the UK and recently purchased a Flytouch 3 Superpad 2.3 on ebay via Hong Kong. It is a birthday present for my daughter. All seemed well until I try and log on to internet. I can see my BT Home Hub but it will not connect - it just keeps saying 'searching for IP address or then it seems to connect and then says ' remembered - secured with WEP' I am not very IT literate and it is just driving me crazy :thinking: If anyone out there can offer me any advice - it would be much appreciated - Please???!!!!

The WEP key is the security your BT router has to keep people out of your wifi. To connect any device to it you must add that key in the wifi settings of the device you wish to access the internet with, enabling it to connect to the router as a gateway to the internet. The key is often on the underside of the router.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones