• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi skype ?

well of course...

Skype was never free to call peoples or businesses phones (cell or landline). Skype was only ever free to call OTHER Skype people to their Skype accounts. want to call a not Skype user, you pay.

I figured you knew this. it has always been this way. but it sounds like you thought Skype allowed you to call any not Skype number or anyone in USA freely - so now I see why you asked about WiFi as you assumed once they gave you the wifi ability you would get to call for free :)

PS - the desktop Skype app does allow you to cal 888 or 800 toll free numbers for free. Not sure if this app does.

Upvote 0
No, i understood that...i have had a skype account for a few years now along with a local number and a calling plan...

My problem with skype on the droid was the fact that if you made calls to landlines it counted against my verizon minutes, which is why i wanted to use skype on wifi, like i can on my ipod touch...

i downloaded the other skype program and that seems to be allowing me to make calls over wifi free of airtime minutes...i think

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones