• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My viewpad7 connects to my router and then dissconects. I can see the network

Hello and welcome, Daveredd.

Dropped wifi network connections are most often caused by poor signal quality, either due to distance between the device and router, obstructive items between the device and router (metal cabinets, household plumbing and/or wiring in the walls, electronic devices such as big television sets or stereo equipment, etc), or poorly configured router parameters.

If it is your router, and you can do the configuring, first try selecting a different channel. Those channels run from 1 to 11. Here's a great explanation about that:

Find the Best Broadcast Channel for a Stronger Wi-Fi Connection

Other reasons for dropped wifi signals can have to do with the device's scanning across other strong wifi signals in your area. The best way to overcome that is by switching channels as mentioned above.

I'd be inclined to "start over" with the router and device. I'd reset the router (some have a reset button, others have a reset choice in the router's configuration menu, others just need to be unplugged for a minute). Go through all the settings and let us know how things are going for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones