1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Will changing SIM card make the app disappear?

1. spman

spman Well-Known Member

If I have 2 SIM cards, SIM A and SIM B and using 1 phone Samsung S4

Q1) When using SIM A, I download an app e.g. whatsapp/angry birds. Then I change to SIM B. Does the whatsapp/angry birds still appear in the phone when I am using SIM B or do I need to download again?

Q2) When using SIM A, I made some settings on the app e.g. whatsapp/angry birds settings. When I change to SIM B is the whatsapp/angry birds settings still remain the same like in SIM A?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The apps are downloaded on your phone and they are available with both SIMs, even without a SIM :)

Harry
    spman and funkylogik like this.
  3. spman

spman Well-Known Member

How about the settings?

If you change the SIM card, what happens to the whatsapp? Does it still display the contacts in old SIM card?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Settings are the same.

With WhatsApp and the contacts on the SIM I'm not sure because I don't use the app. I think it uses only the actual SIM.
    But do you really work with the contacts on the SIM? Aren't all contacts from both SIMs in your phone book?
    If so, WhatsApp could work with it and has all your contacts available.

Harry
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Yeah i dont use whatsapp but you should really get all your contacts syncd with google then you can never lose them :thumbup:
    spman and Harry2 like this.
  6. spman

spman Well-Known Member

What/Where is the phone book that you are talking about? (I am a newbie)
  7. spman

spman Well-Known Member

What do you actually mean by contacts synced with google? How to do it? Thanks
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If you start the People app you'll see 'Phonebook' on its header, tap on it and you'll get the check box menu 'SIM', 'Google' and 'Phone' where you can chose which to use as phonebook.
    In the main menu of 'People' you've several options to import/export/copy between these three places.

I hope I could give you the idea and think that Funky will explain it in a better way :)

Harry
  9. spman

spman Well-Known Member

'SIM', 'Google' and 'Phone' > Which one is the best and most popular option?
  10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think it's Google because you can sync with Google and so your contacts are saved on the Google server :) At People you've to copy from SIM to Google.

If you don't want you contacts in the cloud you'd copy from SIM to Phone and choose Phone as phonebook.

With Google or/and Phone choosed you can store additional data like addresses which you can't on SIM.

But you'd also choose all three places and then decide where you store when you get a new contact.

See, you'd try and decide the most convenient and efficient way for you :)

Harry
  11. funkylogik

Ive saved to google since my first android phone. It just means you can buy a phone, log in and your contacts are there. No hassle. you can also view your contacts online :)
  12. spman

spman Well-Known Member

Does it mean that you need to login to google first then you can start to see the phone list? So whenever if your battery went dead or you off and on the phone, you must login to google then you can see the contact list?

I have only used gmail before and there is the contacts there (email addresses), is the contacts that you save to google the same area as the contacts that are for gmail?
  13. funkylogik

Theyl be in contacts just the same as they are now. You only log into the phone once. You logged in when you first bought it and put in your gmail addres and password :thumbup: