• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root will cwm be available for lg lucid 2

Here's some good news for you guys...

https://twitter.com/djrbliss/status/355078059503792128

Bliss has bypassed the the bootloader with loki. Essentially this works the same as having the bootloader unlocked.

You would now be able to flash custom recoveries and kernels amongst other things. You would also be able to remove any app without bootlooping.

I suggest one of you guys nicely ask Shabby if he can make you a loki'd cwm.

*** Special thanks to Dan Rosenberg(aka djrbliss) for loki and Shabby along with everyone else involved. ***
Or you can use the Flash Gordon app.. Find it on xda

Upvote 0
Or you can use the Flash Gordon app.. Find it on xda

That's pretty useless since I said you guys need a cwm recovery. The gordon app is not for flashing roms or doing backups or formatting. All it's good for is flashing basic zips. You guys don't have a real cwm recovery yet that's specifically built for this phone and that is what you really need.

Upvote 0
That's pretty useless since I said you guys need a cwm recovery. The gordon app is not for flashing roms or doing backups or formatting. All it's good for is flashing basic zips. You guys don't have a real cwm recovery yet that's specifically built for this phone and that is what you really need.

Ive built my rom, but it gives a black screen on boot.
I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. When i get good internet i will upload the zip so you can help me debug.

Upvote 0
Ive built my rom, but it gives a black screen on boot.
I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. When i get good internet i will upload the zip so you can help me debug.

I'll be honest, I'm not looking to get involved in your project. I'm currently working on a couple other phones and can't take on anymore stuff right now.

What you need to do is make a completely stock unmodified rom with all the bloatware included just for the sake of getting a booting rom. Once you have it booting and running then you can go crazy debloating and modifying the hell out of it.

Upvote 0
I'll be honest, I'm not looking to get involved in your project. I'm currently working on a couple other phones and can't take on anymore stuff right now.

What you need to do is make a completely stock unmodified rom with all the bloatware included just for the sake of getting a booting rom. Once you have it booting and running then you can go crazy debloating and modifying the hell out of it.

I wont bother you with it anymore.
I am making it completely stock first. I havent done any debloating.

Reactions: achilles1643
Upvote 0
I figured out how to get into recovery EVERY time :) :D its all about timing :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones