• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will rooting allow you to use T-Mobile on AT&T?

Moviecouple

Nov 10, 2009
I am fairly new to Android and to the Galaxy Tab also. With rooting... does that also Unlock the T-Mobile version to allow you to use an AT&T SIM card and their network?

On another subject. I remember when I was messing around with the 1st Motorola Droid phone... there was a way to display a stop currently running programs/apps. Not sure if it was built into the OS or an app. Is there one on the Galaxy Tab or do I need to download one from the marketplace?

On another subject. I remember when I was messing around with the 1st Motorola Droid phone... there was a way to display a stop currently running programs/apps. Not sure if it was built into the OS or an app. Is there one on the Galaxy Tab or do I need to download one from the marketplace?

Under widgets, look for Program Monitor. Pretty nice because it shows the number of apps running and the color changes as memory gets used. Tapping it opens more detailed view where you can end any app if you ever need to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones