Will thealarm clock go off if i have the EVO in silent mode?Tips

Last Updated:

1. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone know the answer/tried this yet?

Advertisement
  2. Jedson29

Jedson29 Active Member

You should try it ha, set the alarm to like 2 minutes in advance and put your phone on silent. I don't have mine yet and would really like to know. Thanks.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

i believe as long as you have your alarm volume up, it will go off no matter what the ringer volume is set to.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

One cool thing I noticed...when you pick up the phone it silences the alarm but unless you dismiss it, it will go off again in like 10 min.

Either way there is an option in alarm settings for silent mode alarm.

igzekyativ likes this.
  5. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

don't know how i missed that.. now i wont have to worry about not waking up for work because i dont wanna hear notifications all night... thanks!

6. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember the first time I realized that my Pre would still go off if I hit the mute switch. Previously I had just been putting it in airplane mode so I wouldn't get emails and texts while I was asleep.

Still, I haven't really heard many Evo alerts while sleeping even with it unmuted. Is there a way to set it to automatically mute between certain hours and unmute at others? I seem to remember something like this on other phones..."profiles" maybe? The only app that I found for this seems to be imperfect for a lot of users.