• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you get Nexus One on release day?

I was going to order it on release day for Verizon, but the AT&T launch caught me by surprise. So I'm jumping ship to AT&T as soon as it gets here....

Hope AT&T is good in your neck of the woods. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I'm surprised that they are not offering it subsidized, but maybe this was a deal made by AT&T/Apple to ward off iPhone competition. I hope Verizon offers a subsidized N1, but maybe they won't...

Anyways, I am waiting for the Verizon N1...

Upvote 0
Amazes me that ATT got the N1 before Verizon. I wonder if this was some sort of concession due to the law suit. Anyway, i'm losing my patience with Verizon and the releasing of the new android phones. N1, Indredible...just give us something! The Moto Droid is a great phone but we already see the delay in getting the 2.1 os update on this phone. I hope the other phones don't have the same problem from Verizon. :[

Upvote 0
Amazes me that ATT got the N1 before Verizon. I wonder if this was some sort of concession due to the law suit. Anyway, i'm losing my patience with Verizon and the releasing of the new android phones. N1, Indredible...just give us something! The Moto Droid is a great phone but we already see the delay in getting the 2.1 os update on this phone. I hope the other phones don't have the same problem from Verizon. :[

It shouldn't be a surprise that AT&T is getting it before Verizon, given that it was released on T-Mobile first. All you need to do is unlock the T-Mobile version, and you could drop in a new SIM and use it on AT&T.

Going to Verizon means qualifying a whole new version with CDMA instead of GSM. Much more work involved there.

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be a surprise that AT&T is getting it before Verizon, given that it was released on T-Mobile first. All you need to do is unlock the T-Mobile version, and you could drop in a new SIM and use it on AT&T.

Going to Verizon means qualifying a whole new version with CDMA instead of GSM. Much more work involved there.
It's not THAT easy, T-Mobile and AT&T uses a slightly different band for 3G which is why T-Mobile Nexus One's were not able to take advantage of AT&T's 3G even if you bought the "unlocked" version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones