• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows 7 & HTC Sync ?

...4th: Choose "Browse my computer" now the next window should say Search for driver in this location or Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Choose Let me pick.....

5th: The next window should show a list of manufactures on the left and devices on the right. Under that there will be a button that says "Have disk" Click the "Have Disk" button

6th: Browse to your desktop where you extracted the drivers to a folder and pick this driver "htcrndis.inf" (this file name will be the same in both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions)...

Thank you for being so "square" about what to do and in what order. I wouldn't think that such a small difference will make syncing work...
Other people suggest that when I want to update the driver, I should select "Update driver" from the right-click menu, then point the installer to the driver's location. This is the solution that won't work and I tried it several times. (one of the failure is that Windows 7 tells me that the drivers are up-to-date)

Your solution is the working one: Right-click on "update driver" then BROWSE the available drivers THEN select "Have disk".

I'm currently having 2 "My HTC" driver in my system, one is 1.0.7.0 (2008.08.27) and a 2.0.7.1 (2009.06.10).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones