Windows Weekly talks Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cadis12, Sep 24, 2010.

1. cadis12

cadis12 New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    FYI: I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Leo Laporte and the TWiT network. He has a show on there called "Windows Weekly". The host of the show is obviously a windows guy and has been raving about the new Windows Phone 7 for the past few weeks. Well, his work forced him to use a work phone and they sent him a Droid X. He basically says Android wins but it is a good watch. You can find the episode here: The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte
    They start talking about the phone at 20:30 of the show.

Advertisement

2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Which episode?

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    VIP Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Ah... So that's what the former Mr. Tech TV is up to these days! Kewl

4. cadis12

cadis12 New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Episode 175. Yesterday's show 9/23/2010.

If you used to watch TechTV then you'll love the TWiT network. Especially the show "This Week In Tech". Check it out.

lexluthor likes this.
  5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Yes, excellent podcast (or video if you prefer).

He's got many of the old TechTV people on his network, plus lots of other great talent.

Since this is an Android forum, I'd suggest This Week in Google as well.

6. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    NJ
    I'm a big fan of the TWIT network!!!! (I miss the old ZDTV/TechTV days)
    I listen to Windows Weekly and This Week in Google. This Week In Tech and Security Now occasionally.

Both Leo and Paul Paul Thurrott have Droid X's now.

I was just this morning listening to the most recent TWiG where Leo was taking about the good and bad points of manufacturer's customization of Android (mostly bad). However, He pointed out resizing widgets being a good thing the Droid X/Blur provides. But he then goes on to demonstrate resizing in Launcher Pro Plus resizing non-blur widgets. I was yelling at the radio NO THAT'S NOT MOTOROLA! THAT'S LPP!

7. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

I'll have to have a WW marathon to catch up. I'm still back on Ep. 164 because I subscribe to too many podcasts. It's hard enough keeping current on TnT and Tekzilla (Rev3) so things like Security Now and Windows Weekly are a couple months behind.