• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless Charging

It certainly looks that way. If your in the UK then the G3 has a wireless reciever built, in the US it does not. I'm in the UK and have the functionality built in. If you order a QI charger I recommend one with 3 charging coils built in which makes it stronger and has a larger area to charge, the cheaper ones are hit and miss. I've just ordered one today.

Upvote 0
excellent, could you point me in the right direction for a decent QI please :?
I originally bought a cheap one from eBay but was not happy with it, it kept connecting and disconnecting and saying it was charging slowly. I got a refund for that one. I ordered a better quality one today from Amazon which has 3 coils built in and will hopefully perform better. This is the one...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LRIG0V2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I will receive it tomorrow, once I've tried it out I will let you know how it performs.

Upvote 0
I have recently converted my Verizon G3 to wireless charging & it's working awesome. I purchased a replacement battery cover with wireless charging sticker & a Nokia DT-900 wireless charger. The battery cover even has the Verizon logo on it like the factory one. Currently waiting on my second DT-900 to show up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones