• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Won't Turn ON

shuvabrata

Sep 28, 2010
Guys,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) was running Jelly Bean and everything was smooth. Today morning, suddenly the lock-screen won't show up after pressing the power button. I tried the Home button and nothing happened. So i pulled the battery out and tried to restart. The phone won't turn on.

Charging doesn't show up the charging animation. Connecting it to USB doesn't work. Vol Up + Home + Power to hard reset also doesn't work.

What could be the problem. I checked the battery in my wife's S2. Its fine.

PLEASE HELP !!! URGENT !!

regards,
Nandi

Guys,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) was running Jelly Bean and everything was smooth. Today morning, suddenly the lock-screen won't show up after pressing the power button. I tried the Home button and nothing happened. So i pulled the battery out and tried to restart. The phone won't turn on.

Charging doesn't show up the charging animation. Connecting it to USB doesn't work. Vol Up + Home + Power to hard reset also doesn't work.

What could be the problem. I checked the battery in my wife's S2. Its fine.

PLEASE HELP !!! URGENT !!

regards,
Nandi

The S2 has several special pages out there dedicated to issues reported often on that device.

The one issue with no remedy other than taking it to a tech is the "won't turn on/unresponsive to buttons, etc" problem (given the battery/charging apparatus are working, which you affirm by saying the battery works fine in another S2).

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0
If it won't power on, won't respond to the charger, won't boot into recovery.... no, the likelihood is a major hardware failure.

Took it to the service centre of Samsung. They would check and come back if a motherboard replacement is necessary. They are saying that eMMC might be corrupted. And they are quoting INR 9500 for this. That's about USD 170.

ATROCIOUS !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones