• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 2.1 Update - Discoveries

I'm considering getting this phone. I currently do not have a smart phone, but next month my contract is up for renewal w/ AT&T and I'm leaning more toward smart phone with a Droid OS. Now here is a question about this update. I have read that the X10 does not allow multitouch, however it is my understanding the 2.1 update will add that feature. Is this true?

Upvote 0
Can you add your own ringing tones and alarm tones to this phone? I'm just getting used to it from a W995!

Play an MP3 using MediaScape and while the track is playing hit the left button on the phone (the select button) and then chose to set the track as ringtone.

For alarm, if you want to play something other than a ringtone...and you want to select an MP3, I believe you need to install a different Alarm program from the Market.

Upvote 0
Im sure that if you have set a mp3 a ringtone you can set it as an alarm tone as this is the way i done mine. Also you can set mp3 as a notification but you have to explore your sd card using your pc. Find the file that you want as a notification ringtone then do the following
Copy the file (right click and select copy)
Go back to the root of the sd card (where all folders are shown)
Double click media
double click audio
double click notifications
right click and select paste
this will then paste the file into this folder
turn off usb storage
go to setting, sound and display
select notifications and bobs your uncle the file you have just copied will be there for you to select

took a while but i got there eventually

someone else has probably said all this but i thought i could help

Upvote 0
hello,
i just updated my phone last night to Firmware version 2.0.2.a.0.24 and baseband version 2.0.49. although i am not quite sure what were the versions were when i switched to 2.1 initially. this was somewhere around 8MB and done over the air.

Noticeable changes :
1. New keyboard (grey background...better than the blue one while typing)
2. Faster Timescape

will update as new changes are noticed :)

i couldnt find any official announcement from Sony in their product blog, but did find a few topics on xperiax10.net with people with the same firmware version.

apparently the people at xperiax10.net had multi-touch with this update...but no luck here as such whatsoever.

has anyone else got this update as well ? what firmware version are you guys on ?

FYI - i was one of the lucky ones to get 2.1 as soon as it was rolled out, this one comes as a suprise though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones