• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 30 FPS Cap similiar to HTC EVO 4G

ooidort

Lurker
Jan 24, 2011
Unlock the X10 30FPS limitation <---- Go and vote!

I did some testing with fps2d inspired by reading some stuff on the HTC Evo forums, and it seems that that X10 behaves similarly: when the screen is on while running fps2d, the avg. framerate is 31fps, but when ran with the screen off its 53fps. So the kernel detects when the screen is on and limits the framerate.

Now, before anyone comes screaming that "human eye can't see more than 30fps!1", go and ask the EVO users did the uncapping of the fps make a difference? Or better yet, look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EcehkZKv4&amp;feature=related
This really contributes to the feel of lag when compared to other phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S which has it's framerate uncapped. I really hope that even though SE won't update the core version of Android further than Eclair, they really should remove the FPS cap.

I'm gonna bumb this just to get more attention on this issue. I really really really really really hope that this cap could be removed with some trickery without the need to modify the kernel. I feel that I'm at a loss of words trying to describe how much this single handicap in the UI bugs me, especially after playing around with my friend's SGS... I think I'm gonna spam SE's inbox full because of this, I couldn't care less about froyo, honeycomb or meatballs, just fcking uncap the FPS! :mad:

Upvote 0
Wow that is rather poor indeed, my X10 is broken so I'm using a samsung galaxy portal which is 2 year old phone that was on 2.1 before the X10 came out and the ram and could are awful and can't even play angry birds yet it just averaged 38fps and the second score was 14.??

The X10 always seems to be lacking in some way or another, was playing with a desire hey today and that is one sexy phone. Could be time to fix and sell the X10 and buy a new phone as no matter what the god like devs do for this phone it will always be lacking to other phones even 2 year old phones!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones